Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,080 total)
  • Author
    lastday
    Participant

“…build a winning culture.” The beatings will continue until morale and the financial picture improves.

OK now that’s funny. Funny because it’s true.

Screamer
    Participant

I can co-sign on KZEL coming in stronger. Dropped off parts in Salem and I heard it better.

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

Kugn’s signal, 590 AM, no covers Salem. What is the reason?

Broadway
    Participant

KUGN’s signal has been suffering for quite a long time now. They are a bit better lately but not up to par. Guess there was a fire in their phaser thats taking time to fix.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Broadway.
    russell-curry
    Participant

I remember KUGN edging out KGW from Salem, along with every other Portland station except KXL.

chessyduck
    Participant

I finally got a chance to checkout the new KOCF signal. It’s quite an improvement, I can hear it full-quieting at the UOregon campus and elsewhere in eastern Eugene. The signal even makes it into Creswell albeit with some static. Nice Job folks!

lastday
    Participant

For the first time in well over a year, one of KRVM’s volunteer DJs Tim Little is doing his show Tupelo Honey live in the studio tonight. I hope this means other shows are coming back in their live format.

This is awesome.

russell-curry
    Participant

I think KOCF could get out to Thurston in pretty good shape. I used to live out there, and 98.3 from Walton and 106.9 from Florence are stronger there than in Eugene.

semoochie
    Participant

Does this have another name? I show no sign of KOCF on the FCC website!

lastday
    Participant

It comes up for me but officially they’re KOCF-LP.

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?call=KOCF

Alfredo_T
    Participant

In Hillsboro, KUGN and KXOR (660 kHz) should be about the same strength. Yesterday afternoon, I attempted to perform some signal strength measurements. KVI is 7 dB below KUGN. KXOR is 11 dB above KUGN. This suggests to me that KUGN is temporarily transmitting about 1000 Watts.

Note that the loop antenna that I used is not a calibrated laboratory instrument, so there are no guarantees regarding its gain flatness across the band, though I did incorporate some compensation into the design. There are also some utility lines on my street that may be affecting the readings.

“I’ve got troubles
    (Woah-oh)
    I’ve got worries
    (Woah-oh)”

Screamer
    Participant

I can hear 660 faintly here in NE. Spanish, right? Am i listening to the right thing?

boisebill
    Participant

1.4 kw using the night time DA 24/7

W7PAT
    Participant

check out 720 KFIR Sweethome. They were coming into Beaverton last night with a strong signal. KDWN nowhere to found. At the Station Break at the top of the hour, they mentioned a new 10 kW transmitter to help serve all of Eugene and Lane County. So, since KDWN downgraded, I am wondering if KFIR will stay at 10 kW at night, or if perhaps they are testing the new transmitter.

Broadway
    Participant

They’re diplexing on 990 AM in Albany and should be around 146 watts at night…day 10kw signal honks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,080 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.