Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 978 total)
  • Author
    lastday
    Participant

KMTR’s website has their Contact address as

3825 International Ct.
    Springfield, OR 97477
    BUSINESS HOURS:
    8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Maybe that just business operations, not production.

paulwalker
    Participant

Randy I will take your word that Kmtr has moved up the mountain. But are we certain this is their studio address, or are they still out by motel 6 off I-5.
    But then again I have been so long gone from the Eugene market I can’t be sure!

glennwood5
    Participant

A very reliable source tells me that KMTR completely moved to Blanton earlier this year. Their building on International Ct is for sale.

russell-curry
    Participant

I’ve been getting a dead carrier at 92.7. It seems to be strongest at night, with pretty good quieting near my kitchen window, which is my hotspot for FM, so it seems to be a real signal of some kind. I’ve been wondering if KOCF could be equipment testing, although it is on the air as far as I know.

boisebill
    Participant

KMTR has a CP for Blanton Heights. Licensed old site 70 kW.
    CP KMTR(TV) RF Ch. 17 (Virtual Ch. 16) 1.000 MW 450 M HAAT

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by boisebill.
    Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

KOCF is definitely not testing. We haven’t even got the digging done for the transmitter shack foundation. I can usually just barely hear the air signal from SE Eugene, but not hearing it tonight. We do have volunteers in the area who regularly monitor air, and no complaints have been received today.

lastday
    Participant

With Stu Allen being promoted from PD to Station Manager at KRVM, the new replacement PD has been announced: Debi Starr, most recently PD at KLOO as far as I can tell.

Screamer
    Participant

Oh wow. I like KLOO. I’ll have to listen to KRVM next time I’m in Salem or Corvallis.

e_dawg
    Participant

Speaking of KLOO-FM 106.3 and their sister station KRKT-FM 99.9. They never mentions about their listeners in Eugene-Springfield area even their signal can be heard down there. The only other FM stations from the mid-valley that mentions Eugene is 107.9 KHPE (HOPE-FM).

semoochie
    Participant

As I recall, Albany and Corvallis are part of the Portland broadcast area and not Eugene, when it comes to ratings. That could have something to do with it.

russell-curry
    Participant

KLOO-FM can surprise me sometimes, and play something I’m not expecting and maybe haven’t heard in quite a while. It’s been that way for more than two decades. If they start being more cookie-cutter, I guess we’ll have an idea why.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think anything will change at KLOO. She hasn’t been there for two years!

lastday
    Participant

I don’t think anything will change at KLOO. She hasn’t been there for two years!

I guess someone should update their website. As of today 10/12 under the “Contact Us” tab it says Debi Starr is the Program Director.

radiogiant
    Participant

I’m sorry, I sense something fishy in the hiring of Debi Starr. She is Stu’s ex wife. How many people were actually interviewed for this position ?

paulwalker
    Participant

I wasn’t going to bring that up but yes they were once married while working together at Cumulus Eugene. Or was it Clear Channel? I am getting old…it is all so much a blur!

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 978 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.