Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 951 total)
  • Author
    Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

The new location has to be within 3 miles of our present spot on the fire station’s tower. An application will go in any day for Bolton Hill, a 40ft tower above the water reservoir, southwest of Veneta. We would have preferred Richardson Point (AKA Knight Hill), where channel 59 once was, but owners of the site weren’t interested.

chessyduck
    Participant

Drats… You might want to examine how the just- published KOCF mod turned out in the FCC database. No power and a -76M HAAT in the horizontal plane..

I wish you OCF folks well.. You provide some great programming for Eugene…

boisebill
    Participant

What’s published and what’s reality in the FCC postings are generally 2 different things. 😉

lastday
    Participant

KRVM’s abbreviated 3-day June 2020 membership drive raised more money than the same 9-day drive last year. That’s kind of impressive, what with the current level of general chaos.

chessyduck
    Participant

Congrats to KOCF for getting their CP approved. I plotted the new contour (60dBu), . The higher tower coupled with 60 watts reaches Alvadore. Fans with directional antennae in Eugene should hear it unless they reside “in The Gut”.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I don’t know why the drop to 60 watts if it’s only at 38 meters HAAT. I asked our station manager to inquire, but haven’t heard back. I’m directly east of “the gut” and can just barely hear it now on a Sony HD tuner. I don’t expect a major improvement at my location., 60, or 100 watts.

lastday
    Participant

KRVM’s PD Stu Allen is the new station manager effective “soon” (replacing Cambra Ward). 4J is now recruiting for a PD or Program Coordinator to fill Stu’s old position.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

The music on 98.1/1320 has shifted away from the ’70s and ’80s soft rock to not quite as old Hot AC. I can’t pinpoint the years because it was music I didn’t like the first time around. John Tesh was on this afternoon, along with the usual low budget national spots and PSAs. It’s like a lemonade stand beside I-5. Nobody is going to notice what’s on it regardless of what they program.

Screamer
    Participant

<<The music on 98.1/1320 has shifted away from the ’70s and ’80s soft rock to not quite as old Hot AC>>

Isn’t that competing against themselves? I thought that is what is on 102.3

lastday
    Participant

It’s official: Stu Allen is KRVM’s new Station Operations Manager and Acting PD until they hire a new PD. Big congrats to Stu, now running a successful independent community radio station after years of being under the thumb of commercial radio.

I predict they will hire Mark Raney as new PD. Just a hunch. 😉

lastday
    Participant

KZEL sounds like it’s running at about 1 watt. I swear every year when the summer heat sets in, their transmitter breaks down.

chessyduck
    Participant

KXOR is now off the air (monitored 7/20). I guess that’s one way for Radio Zion to solve their audio problem…

boisebill
    Participant

(KZEL)
    FIRE FIRE FIRE!
    (not the transmitter this time)

lastday
    Participant

(KZEL)
    FIRE FIRE FIRE!
    (not the transmitter this time)

DJs Emma and CYD seem to be MIA today. ?

lastday
    Participant

Or maybe Emma and CYD are on C-19 furlough? I don’t listen to KZEL much.

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 951 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.