Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 886 through 891 (of 891 total)
  • Author
    Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

The new location has to be within 3 miles of our present spot on the fire station’s tower. An application will go in any day for Bolton Hill, a 40ft tower above the water reservoir, southwest of Veneta. We would have preferred Richardson Point (AKA Knight Hill), where channel 59 once was, but owners of the site weren’t interested.

chessyduck
    Participant

Drats… You might want to examine how the just- published KOCF mod turned out in the FCC database. No power and a -76M HAAT in the horizontal plane..

I wish you OCF folks well.. You provide some great programming for Eugene…

boisebill
    Participant

What’s published and what’s reality in the FCC postings are generally 2 different things. 😉

lastday
    Participant

KRVM’s abbreviated 3-day June 2020 membership drive raised more money than the same 9-day drive last year. That’s kind of impressive, what with the current level of general chaos.

chessyduck
    Participant

Congrats to KOCF for getting their CP approved. I plotted the new contour (60dBu), . The higher tower coupled with 60 watts reaches Alvadore. Fans with directional antennae in Eugene should hear it unless they reside “in The Gut”.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I don’t know why the drop to 60 watts if it’s only at 38 meters HAAT. I asked our station manager to inquire, but haven’t heard back. I’m directly east of “the gut” and can just barely hear it now on a Sony HD tuner. I don’t expect a major improvement at my location., 60, or 100 watts.

Viewing 6 posts - 886 through 891 (of 891 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.