Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

This topic contains 838 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  lastday 16 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 839 total)
  • Author

mort
    Participant

Even if another group threw together a country format, they still wouldn’t have Barrett Fox & Berry, good management, and state-of-the-art facilities/transmission. They could put a dent in KKNU’s ratings, but I don’t think anyone is in a good position to compete with them for the long haul.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

If 102.3 “The Wolf” came on with a younger, funny, more “hip” morning show, they could find an audience. They could brand it as the “Fresh Country” station, where you won’t hear jocks who are over 45.

mort
    Participant

Cumulus can’t manage, program, or sell their way out of a wet paper bag. Great idea, but it won’t happen.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ARLIE & COMPANY is selling KXOR-A/JUNCTION CITY, OR to ZION MULTIMEDIA OREGON CORPORATION for $548,100 ($498,100 in a promissory note). As part of the deal, the seller has agreed to terminate the present LMA that has the station simulcasting KKNX-A/EUGENE, OR.

bossjock
    Participant

Llegando pronto en AM 660: programación religiosa en español:

http://www.radiozion.net/radiozion/Programacion.html

Broadway
    Participant

Wow, what goes around comes around…660AM now back to religious programming.

Station still off the air will become apart of a new Spanish religious network that’s in acquisition mode.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

All Access either didn’t get it straight, or there is a missing piece of info.

KKNX 840 (oldies) has been simulcasting on Arlie’s KLZS 1450, which is diplexed on the same stick, for about two years. Arlie’s KXOR 660 is currently silent.

Joe Ferguson
    Participant

This from all access.

Academy Of Country Music Announces 2012 Radio Award Winners

February 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM (PT)

ACM

The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC has announced the full list of radio award winners for the 47th annual ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS. This is the second ACM “National On-Air Personality of the Year Award” win for LON HELTON, for CMT COUNTRY COUNTDOWN USA. He also won in 2008.

Winners in radio categories will be invited to receive their awards at a private reception in LAS VEGAS on SATURDAY, MARCH 31st, the day prior to the 47th Annual ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS. The radio awards will not be televised due to time constraints during the live telecast. For the fourth year in a row, ACM Awards producers plan to invite individual On-Air Personality of the Year winners, or one individual from the teams who win “Personality of the Year” categories, to participate in the telecast.

The full list of winners includes:

On-Air Personality Of The Year Winners

NATIONAL: LON HELTON – CMT COUNTRY COUNTDOWN USA

MAJOR MARKET: KELLY FORD & RIDER – KYGO/DENVER

LARGE MARKET: BIG DAVE AND CHELSIE – WUBE/CINCINNATI

MEDIUM MARKET: STEVE & GEOFF IN THE MORNING – KUZZ/BAKERSFIELD (TIE)

MEDIUM MARKET: ROGER, TOM & MELISSA – WPCV/LAKELAND, FL (TIE)

SMALL MARKET: BILL BARRETT, TIM FOX AND TRACY BERRY – KKNU/EUGENE

😀

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

Hi Randy! I miss you! 🙁

s12dxer
    Participant

Anyone know what’s up with KDUK and KFLY. Assuming the high winds got to them somehow?

silverdollar
    Participant

KDUK and KFLY have been effected by the high winds and I imagine snow at the xmitter site.

jr_tech
    Participant

When did they return to the air?

Perhaps I am hearing some other stations on 104.7 and 101.5 from my location in Hillsboro, although signal strength peaks SSW.

s12dxer
    Participant

They came back on the air sometime Thursday the 15th, if I remember correctly. I think KFLY came up first.

s12dxer
    Participant

Looks like this morning we’ve got the following off the air possibly due to this morning’s snow…. KDUK, KFLY, KZEL, KNRQ.

jr_tech
    Participant

Odd that they are all of the air except that the transmitter at 101.5 is still on transmitting “dead air”.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 839 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.