Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

This topic contains 837 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  msndrspdx 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 826 through 838 (of 838 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

While driving Hwy 58 today I was able to pick up KOCF around Lowell and Dexter. Not perfect but listenable. I can’t get any trace of it at home even with an outdoor antenna (southeast Eugene).

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

There seems to be a hot spot for KOCF in Marcola as well. We are working on a plan to move higher, but SE Eugene is obscured by more hills than if you go north.

russell-curry
    Participant

There’s also a hot spot going up I5 north of Eugene. Even before the frequency change, it would go at least several miles after KGEL disappeared.

DanOregon
    Participant

So KFIR 720 is broadcasting in Albany and surrounding areas – never heard of the station before, but when I checked to learn more about their parent company in L.A. I found this:

http://radiofiestanetwork.com/

Interesting logo to say the least.

semoochie
    Participant

As memory serves, KFIR was a daytimer in Sweet Home on 1370 before moving to 720. Sweet Home is home of White’s Electronics, the premier builder of metal detectors and geiger counters. It was founded by Kenneth White, my mother’s first cousin.

Broadway
    Participant

KFIR has since moved closer to the mid valley now in south Albany diplexing with KTHH and increased their day power to 10kw. Get them in Salem during the day just fine. Web site says they are now located in Albany studios/offices even though they are still licensed to Sweet Home where now their night coverage suffers.

russell-curry
    Participant

Several times last winter, I noticed KFIR operating on daytime power well after dark, most of the time it was to get the high-school basketball game out to the target audience. Once the game’s over, the signal goes back down under KDWN. Whew!

semoochie
    Participant

It seems to me that there’s a legal exception for that.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

At 10 kW from their current location, KFIR sends a pretty decent signal to Hillsboro. It easily stops scan on a car radio.

russell-curry
    Participant

I was in Seaside not long after KFIR moved its antenna to Albany.It definitely edged out KUGN and KOAC. From Salem, you could pretty much call it a local signal.

radiogiant
    Participant

From All About Country:
    Jim Davis, VP/Programming and Country KKNU PD has resigned. He will be starting his own company, Country Radio Consulting.

He has spent 25 years in the market and the station has been No. 1 for nearly 23 years. He’s won four ACMs, two CMAs and three of his air talents namely Bill Barrett, Tim Fox and Tracy Berry have been inducted into the Country Raido Hall of Fame.

He will continue as a consultant for KKNU and will handle day-to-day programming from his hometown of Tulsa. Get in touch with him here.

On another NOTE: Steve Brown is done at Mix 94.5. A very rare opening for a PD for BOB-FM (105.5) and KMGE (Mix 94.5)

radiogiant
    Participant

I realize this is a Radio board.
    Local TV news. KEZI Bought.

Follow the link.

https://www.thewrap.com/byron-allens-entertainment-studios-to-buy-11-regional-broadcast-tv-stations-for-290-million/

msndrspdx
    Participant

The deal also includes KDRV (12) (ABC/Antenna TV) Medford.

Viewing 13 posts - 826 through 838 (of 838 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.