Eugene Radio Happenings

This topic contains 819 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  Randy_in_Eugene 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 811 through 820 (of 820 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

This morning KUJZ and KZEL are dead air. KEHK and KNRQ are not up at all. KEPW is also not up.

Screamer
    Participant

In Salem again today. I’m hearing 95.3 although it sounds distorted. Is something wrong with KZEL, too? KORE comes in on 1050 really well today.

Broadway
    Participant

Also noticed KORE’s improvement…that engineer needs to help the other…

lastday
    Participant

Cumulus changed to a different contract engineer within the last six months or so. I think it might be the same guy who does McKenzie but don’t quote me. Whoever it is I’m pretty sure the last couple days haven’t been very pleasant.

KZEL, KUJZ, KEHK, and KNRQ returned to what passes for their normal state of operation late this morning.

lastday
    Participant

KZEL seems to be back to full power and in stereo even.

lastday
    Participant

Has there been a shakeup or something at KZEL? Mark Raney and John Frederick have been doing the morning show for years. Yesterday Cyd was doing the morning show. Today (at least from 6 to about 8:15) nobody was there. And there were no regular commercials. The web page says the morning show is hosted solely by John Frederick now.

EDIT: I guess I can at least partially answer my own question.

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/182519/mark-raney-exits-kzel-kugn-eugene-or-stations-seek

“Longtime CUMULUS Classic Rock KZEL and News-Talk KUGN-A/EUGENE, OR PD and KZEL morning man MARK RANEY is exiting the station.

OM ALL SCOTT tells ALL ACCESS that the stations are seeking a new PD who can also handle an air shift on KZEL. Day to day duties for the position will include programming, an on-air shift on KZEL, sales and programming promotions, web and social media direction and maintenance, live appearances, and live remotes.

Applications for the job can be filed at CUMULUS’ corporate careers website: http://www.cumulus.com/careers/. CUMULUS is an EOE.”

The Cumulus site says they’re recruiting for a Chief Engineer in Eugene. No mention of a PD or other open positions.

https://apply.hrmdirect.com/resumedirect/ApplyOnline/mobile/JobDetails.aspx?req_id=enc-16.4659450228942140

Chief Engineer Job Description

Cumulus Media | Eugene, OR is looking for a Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer manages the installation, maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes responsibility for telecommunications, computer and networking systems.

glennwood5
    Participant

Sounds like Cumulus Eugene is imploding. Oh what a surprise.

lastday
    Participant

John Frederick was there this morning. I dunno.

lastday
    Participant

One of KRVM’s longest-serving volunteer DJs passed away May 8th. He will be missed by many listeners, myself included.

https://krvm.org/krvm-mourns-the-passing-of-professa-pete/

KRVM mourns the passing of “Professa Pete”

May 10, 2019 By KRVM

“Professa Pete” Peterson, the host of Bump Skool and an alternate host of Grooveland, passed away suddenly on May 8. Professa Pete, known for his love of “all things funk”, entertained KRVM listeners each week with tracks from his extensive music collection. He loved the FUNK out of life and would remind listeners each week to “Love one another.”

Pete came to KRVM in 2000, looking to express his love of FUNK — and justify his music collection. Nineteen years later, and over a thousand shows (Bump Skool and Grooveland), he still found DJ-ing “a blast.” Pete liked to quote Bernie Worrell: “FUNK is its own reward.”

When not volunteering at KRVM, Pete enjoyed retirement. He retired from a 25 year teaching career in 2017.

He thought KRVM was the “greatest station in the universe,” and – with a wink – dared you to prove him wrong. He was a kind man and will be missed dearly by the listeners, volunteers and staff at KRVM.

Thank you, Professa Pete, for helping make this world a better place.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

One of my favorite KRVM shows. Will miss him.

Viewing 10 posts - 811 through 820 (of 820 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.