Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

This topic contains 776 replies, has 60 voices, and was last updated by  lastday 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 777 total)
  • Author

lastday
    Participant

It seems very location dependent. I’m in Laurel Hill Valley in east Eugene. Friend sees this happen in his car on 95.7 up on City View near 26th.

Screamer
    Participant

Are the issues with these translators related to spacing? It seems like these two 95.7’s are actually well spaced compared to some of the applications we are seeing up here around the Portland Metro.

lastday
    Participant

No idea. I wanted to ask the engineer for All Classical more questions but didn’t want to wear out my welcome.

Paging Andy Brown?

jr_tech
    Participant

“It seems very location dependent”

Conditions vary as well, right now we have a bit of tropo enhancement in the valley:

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_wam.html

and from Hillsboro, with my Log Yagi pointed South, I am hearing (very weak and mushy) the KORE translator from Eugene, but no signs of a HD signal from the much closer “Flynn” translator.

lastday
    Participant

Just recorded this in Eugene after doing some repositioning of the antenna.

Screamer
    Participant

That’s in Eugene, itself? Either you have a good antenna or something is not right with KQAC.

lastday
    Participant

Winegard HD-6055P antenna mounted about 20 feet above ground level. I’m inside Eugene near the intersection of Brackenfern Blvd and Moon Mountain Drive. Elevated roughly 100 feet above downtown Eugene, with a wide-open clear shot to the north (except for neighbor’s trees).

Screamer
    Participant

Definitely good antenna!

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

News-Talk KUGN-A/EUGENE, OR, daytime power at night with nighttime directional array because antenna mode switching system failed and is stuck at nighttime directional pattern.

W7PAT
    Participant

I think it’s been stuck that way for awhile. According to the area coverage maps, KUGN should be heard toward Sisters. The last couple of times that I’ve been up that direction there has been no sign of KUGN.

Broadway
    Participant

Have not been heard well in Salem for years now…use to be pretty dominate…

lastday
    Participant

So in Eugene if you drive south on City View up into the south hills, and turn left (east) on 29th, there’s a sweet spot where almost all Portland stations come in very clearly including in HD. I was even able to get a solid lock on KQAC-HD, in spite of KORE being right here on 95.7.

Bob Berry
    Participant

Got to luv it when 96-1 KLPX Tucson covers up that piece of shit “Classic rock” KZEL! this afternoon…

lastday
    Participant

Outside of the M-F morning show, KZEL is pathetic. They’re terrified to change anything that might cause loss of what audience they do have.

Bob Berry
    Participant

Got to luv it when 93-3 KHTS-FM San Diego covers up that piece of shit “country music” KKNU! this afternoon

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 777 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.