Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 847 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Screamer 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 848 total)
  • Author

da_radio_fuk
    Participant

What an ignorant thing to say.

the_truth
    Participant

Glad someone fell in to that trap..

Maximum Trolling accomplished

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. has applied for a Silent STA for KPIJ/JUNCTION CITY, OR after the station went silent due to what the licensee believes was snow accumulating on the station’s satellite dish the site was inaccessible due to weather).

eugeneradioguy
    Participant

I heard 94.9 and 100.5 were purchased by a Catholic broadcasting group. Silent while programming changes take place? It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up the hip hop format.

Broadway
    Participant

eugeneradioguy
    Participant

Wow. I’d say Master got a pretty good price for a Cottage Grove station and a dinky Eugene translator.

s12dxer
    Participant

Anyone know what is going on with KEHK 102.3? Seems as though they’ve been off the air the last couple days (or at least a very weak signal). I noticed the last couple weeks they had no stereo signal either.

Notalent
    Participant

Well since they RIF’d their engineer it’s hard to say.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

102.3 is on the air in stereo but it appears to be at reduced power, a similar level as a 23 watt translator that’s on the same stick.

paulwalker
    Participant

I have not been back to Eugene for many years. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there programming KDUK and KODZ in the late 90’s and early whatever you call the 2000’s. Can someone give me an overall idea of the radio market in mid-2011? Please, because I’m sadly removed from my old market…

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Star 102.3 was broadcasting only one channel in mono from July 23rd to August 19th, and was off the air during much of the day on the 18th.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Eugene Radio is still dominated by New Country 93.3 KKNU. 104.7 KDUK is still a successful CHR with a focus on Rhythmic material. Kool 99.1 is now Classic AC, and seems to be winning the battle with 94.5 Mix FM’s more contemporary AC. Star 102.3 is gaining some traction with it’s Bright AC format. 96.1 KZEL is Classic Rock with a Triple A lean, and it’s working. Rock 97.9 KNRQ is doing well with it’s Alternative leaning Active Rock. 101.5 KFLY is a more gold-based Rock format with “Donkey Show” talk blocks. 105.5 Bob FM is still sounding solid with Adult Hits. 95.3 The Score is low rated with it’s ESPN programming, and should flip to something like Oldies or CHR.

e_dawg
    Participant

How about another Country station in the Eugene area to compete against KKNU NEW COUNTRY 93?

Notalent
    Participant

Go for it.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

If Cumulus hadn’t come into Eugene, 97.9 would probably still be Country. 102.3 could eventually flip to Country, but Cumulus isn’t known for making wise decisions. They tried Country on 95.3, but the signal isn’t strong enough to compete with 93.3 KKNU.

When 97.9 finally moves to Portland, they could put KNRQ back on 95.3, and turn 102.3 into “The Wolf” to compete in the Country arena. It’s also possible that KNRQ could move to 97.7, which will be a slightly stronger signal than 95.3.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 848 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.