Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 827 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  russell-curry 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 828 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

KXPC has applied to move to Eugene by re-licensing to Harrisburg. It’s a Class C0 with 100KW @ 310 meters HAAT from Blanton Heights.

Broadway
    Participant

Looks like they found an easy move/fix in diplexing into an exist Eugene FM site there. Next question, which format–Air1 or KLOVE??

semoochie
    Participant

I’m sure it will be K-Love. This should free up some translators that will probably be sold.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Moving 103.7 to Eugene, was what they should have done from day one. Since a C0 in Eugene is worth big bucks, I would expect EMF to work out a deal to swap 103.7 for one of the weaker Eugene FM’s.

Cumulus could end up buying 103.7, and EMF could purchase the C3 at 97.7, moving in from the Coast.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I don’t see them selling any translators. 90.7 is being totally hammered by HD noise from KWAX (91.1) and should be shut off altogether, but probably won’t be. 107.3 is first-adjacent to their 107.1 and isn’t any good for anyone else. That leaves 100.9 which could be moved to Coburg ridge to relay Air 1 into Springfield where they’ve never had a decent signal.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Yes, Air 1’s 90.7 Eugene translator has been completely destroyed in Eugene, ever since 91.1 KWAX raised their HD (IBOC) power. EMF might as well just turn it off. K-Love’s 107.3 translator has never sounded very good, since it’s fed by the weak 100.9 from Blanton Heights.

semoochie
    Participant

I figured that there was probably a K-Love translator on Blanton Heights. It would seem superfluous to keep it going in that capacity. There might be others that are no longer needed, with a full power signal at Blanton. I don’t think I’ve been to Eugene since the “Translator Age”.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

I wonder why 105.5 KEUG hasn’t yet been able to upgrade to a C2.

semoochie
    Participant

There’s a Class A in Garibaldi. Perhaps, it’s short spaced for a C2. It should be at least 166 kilometers.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

100.9 (K-Love) is on Blanton and would be a waste if left there, but they’ve never had a good Air 1 signal into Springfield and they’d sooner move 100.9 there than sell it.

Re: 107.3, I’m, told EMF plans to install a newer, better receiver, and turn up the audio that’s been too low lately.

silverdollar
    Participant

Noticed KUGN canceled thier afternoon news block. Cost cutting move or ???

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HILL & GLOVER BROADCASTING, LLC is selling construction permits for new AMs at BON AIR, VA and JUNCTION CITY, OR to NORTH STAR BROADCASTING PARTNERS, LLC for $5,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KHPE Adds ‘Today’s Family With Beth Warden’

HARBOUR LIFE MEDIA INC. announced the addition of EXTRA MILE MEDIA Contemporary Christian KHPE (HOPE 107.9)/ALBANY, OR to the affiliate list of “TODAY’S FAMILY WITH BETH WARDEN.” The company also announced that future development is underway in the U.S. and CANADA under the creative direction of MIKE McVAY and DANIEL ANSTANDIG of McVAY MEDIA. “TODAY’S FAMILY WITH BETH WARDEN” is now in 23 markets.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Shortly after midnight (5/1) 94.9 Jamz went dark.

the_truth
    Participant

I thought they have always been dark..

It’s a racist kinda morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 828 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.