Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    silverdollar
    Participant

It appears that KRVM-AM-HD is not coming back. Likewise for KLCC-HD2.

KKNX 840 AM is a very interesting throwback to the glory days of AM. Apparently they have enough billings to be comfortably profitable. I wish the station sounded better though.

KEHK 102.3 and KNRQ 103.7 are in their 2nd month of interfering with 105.1.

silverdollar
    Participant

In regards to HD stations…I don’t know of anyone who has a HD receiver.

Are they just not available or ??

silverdollar
    Participant

I suspect the vast majority of HD receivers are in cars. Many new cars are HD-capable. For home use the pickings are very slim.

silverdollar
    Participant

KRVM AM-HD is up again.

KLCC-HD & KZEL-HD are both down. KRVM is the only Eugene HD station that’s up.

Paul Tilton
    Participant

Can anybody point me towards an investigative reporter (radio or TV) that I can hit up with a Eugene area story idea?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

105.5 Bob FM/Eugene Is ‘Marcus FM’ For Now To Honor Heisman Winner

MCKENZIE RIVER BROADCASTING Adult Hots KEUG (105.5 BOB FM)/EUGENE, OR is honoring HEISMAN TROPHY winning UNIVERSITY OF OREGON quarterback MARCUS MARIOTA by temporarily rebranding BOB FM as “MARCUS-FM.”

In a press release about the stun, the mythical owner/PD “BOB” is quoted as saying, “Any time you have a first anything — kiss, day of pre-school, using the potty — it warrants strong consideration, and this HEISMAN is first for EUGENE and the UNIVERSITY OF OREGON. Henceforth and for the time being my station will be called “MARCUS-FM.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In filings with the FCC, ZION MULTIMEDIA OREGON CORPORATION is selling Spanish Religion KXOR-A (RADIO ZION)/JUNCTION CITY, OR to MINISTERIO LLAMADA FINAL for payment of the balance owed by the seller to the prior licensee.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

SCHWARTZBERG COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has closed on the sale of Oldies KNND-A/COTTAGE GROVE, OR to REITEN COMMUNICATIONS, LLC for $173,250.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KSCR-A Set To Flip To Hispanic Music Format In Eugene

CUMULUS MEDIA/EUGENE will flip Talk KSCR-A (AM 1320 INFO RADIO) to Spanish “1320 RADIO UNICA,” beginning MONDAY, APRIL 20th.

Commented CUMULUS/EUGENE OM AL SCOTT: “Our entire team is excited to bring this new HISPANIC format to the area. We are bringing local HISPANIC Radio Personality PABLO HERNANDEZ on board as PD and midday radio host. PABLO brings a wealth of HISPANIC radio experience to RADIO UNICA. Account Executive MARITZA HERRERA …

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ZION MULTIMEDIA OREGON CORPORATION has closed on the sale of Spanish Religion KXOR-A (RADIO ZION)/JUNCTION CITY, OR to MINISTERIO LLAMADA FINAL for payment of the balance owed by the seller to the prior licensee.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

KOCF-LP, Veneta is now testing on 92.5 at 1/3 power and barely hitting west Eugene. They got on just in time for the Oregon Country Fair (thus, the “OCF” in KOCF). My Sony HD tuner with rabbit ears can sniff it out south of the U of O but it’s very weak.

Another LPFM soon to be licensed to Jasper on 92.5 is expected soon from Quarry Hill in Springfield.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

KFLY/Eugene Air Staff Exits

ALL ACCESS has learned that the air staff for BICOASTAL MEDIA Active Rock KFLY/EUGENE, OR has exited and a possible format change is imminent. The KFLY website is currently under construction.

The departing staff includes PD/MD/midday host CARL SUNDBERG/carlcsundberg@gmail.com; and afternoon hosts of THE DONKEY SHOW, DREW TYDEMAN/dtydes@gmail.com; and MARCUS BRIDGES/insanity_drummer@hotmail.com.

Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Good riddance. K-FLY might be good calls for a hip-hop station.

…or maybe KPNW-FM?

Andy Brown
    Participant

KOCF has now received their license to cover. Don’t know how well the reception will be around Eugene because of Green Hill, but otherwise it’s pretty flat.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Veneta,+OR+97487/@44.0443248,-123.2229161,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x54c1100c52d7cd65:0xf4e3861a01eae7a6!5m1!1e4

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

There is some spotty reception in NW Eugene and up to Junction City, but in central and south Eugene it’s pretty much non-existent east of Greenhill Road on my Honda car radio. I can barely hear it above other noise on the frequency on my Sony HD tuner south of the U of O.

KGEL-LP on the same frequency in Jasper, transmitting from Quarry Hill in Springfield was testing with a silent carrier on Tuesday. It’s also blocked from south Eugene by hills, but it was just strong enough to override KOCF on my Sony while still not being very listenable.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.