Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 847 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Screamer 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 848 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This From All Access:

The OREGON ASSOCIATION OF BROADCASTERS announced the winners of its 2010 Awards For Excellence at the organization’s annual FALL Conference (jointly held with the WASHINGTON STATE BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION) in SKAMANIA, WA this past weekend.

Best Morning Show — Radio: MCKENZIE RIVER BROADCASTING Country KKNU (NEW COUNTRY 93)/SPRINGFIELD-EUGENE, “BARRETT-FOX AND BERRY”

Radio Sports Announcer of the Year — Non-Commercial/Educational: BRANDON SPRAGE, OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY Variety KBVR/CORVALLIS

silverdollar
    Participant

I have noticed that KNRQ still has a CP for Tualatin,3.7kW. I noticed also that there is one for Aloha also for KNRQ. When this does happen what will happen with NRQ in Eugene ? My opinion….blow up 102.3 and put NRQ there. Remove sports from 95.3 and put a classic leaning country.

Just my opinion.

semoochie
    Participant

Since it involves a rule making procedure, my guess is that the construction permit will be built out before the application is granted, what with time running out on the CP. When you say, “classic leaning”, do you mean “Garth Brooks” or “Ernest Tubbs”? If it’s the latter, it’s a recipe for failure.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Exradiodude was thinking Garth Brooks, and the kind of format 95.3 had as “The Moose” from 2004 to 2009. They played contemporary Country, along with a few older songs from Patsy Cline, Bellamy Brothers, Rosanne Cash, Hank Williams, Jr., etc.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING is swapping the construction permit for KQDL/HINES, OR to CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. and $3,000 for FM translator K252DL/WALTON, OR.

Walton is west of Eugene.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

K252DL currently has a CP to move from 98.3 to 95.7 at the same Walton location, raising power from 8 to 10 watts. I expect OPB to move to Eugene.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Were they just granted the CP?

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I believe the proper technical term is “oops.” It’s still an application. Shoulda’ read it closer.

e_dawg
    Participant

Off the subject….but I rind that Eugene radio stations are boring these days compare to 10 years ago. Back then, they had a personality driven from Classic Rock to Top-40. Right now, its just voice track and their music selections are very repetitive or boring. What do you think?

Only 3 radio groups are representative in the Eugene Market.

McKienzie Broadcasting.

-KMGE, KKNU, and KEUG

Bi-Costal Media

-KPNW, KDUK, KODZ, and KFLY

Cumulus Media

-KUGN, KSCR, KUJZ, KNRQ, KEHK, and KZEL.

silverdollar
    Participant

You must remember…just because you have the most doesnt mean you make the most. I think billing wise MRB has them beat.

Also Don’t forget; Willamette Media owns KKNX 840 & I think KLZS 1450

Notalent
    Participant

Gee thanks Dawg, we never knew who owned what in Eugene till now, hope you rind a good gig soon.

paulwalker
    Participant

e_dawg…thanks for that post. I was with KDUK/KODZ ten years ago. It is nice that someone remembers that we did (or atleast tried) to do radio right back then. Certainly, the ratings proved it, but I lament the fact that this effort seems to be forgotten and/or not important today. Eugene is still a vibrant market with potentially high revenue. I’ll leave it there.

Greg_Charles
    Participant

I think true fun and exciting radio goes back to the late 60’s and 70’s with the boss jock format and all the fantastic original promotions.

It was the wild west of radio programing. Just watch WKRP re-runs.

Turkey drops from the sky, money drops from skyscrapers, wet bikini contests, treasure hunts,….it’s all gone now.

Each decade has become more liability conscious, cheap, watered down, and boring.

“be the 10th caller to qualify to win….”

In the olden days if you were the 10th caller…you win.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Broadcast Nominees Announced For 46th Annual ACM Awards

The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) has announced the nominees for this year’s Broadcast Awards TODAY (2/1), which due to time constraints, are not televised during the 46th Annual ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC (ACM) AWARDS. The nominees will be honored at a special pre-Awards reception.

On-Air Personality Of The Year – Small Market

BILL BARRETT, TIM FOX &TRACY BERRY – KKNU/EUGENE, OR

BRIAN GARY, TODD HARDING & SUSAN MOORE (THE GOOD MORNING GUYS) – KUAD/WINDSOR, CO

JIMMY LEHN & SHELLY MARTINEZ – WCTY/NORWICH, CT

MARK ERICSON & KAREN KILEY – WOKQ/DOVER, NH

DEX & MO – WUSY/CHATTANOOGA, TN

The 46th Annual ACM AWARDS will be broadcast live from the MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA in LAS VEGAS on SUNDAY, APRIL 3rd at 8p (live ET/delayed PT) on CBS-TV, hosted by STARSTRUCK/VALORY MUSIC CO. star REBA McENTIRE and REPRISE/NASHVILLE’s BLAKE SHELTON.

For more info, visit http://www.acmcountry.com.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Classic Rock Live Welcomes KLOO

ENVISION RADIO NETWORKS and THE GUITAR RADIO SHOW, LLC are proud to welcome KLOO/EUGENE, OR as the latest affiliate of CLASSIC ROCK LIVE, the brand new two-hour Classic Rock radio show with recorded live performances hosted by PIERRE ROBERT. KLOO joins over 200 affiliates on the ENVISION ROCK RADIO NETWORK.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 848 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.