Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

Nothing in the FCC database shows a 106.9 in the Eugene area.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Nothing in the FCC database shows a 106.9 in the Eugene area.”

Tis true… Pirate perhaps? Skip?

http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/fmq?state=OR&call=&city=&arn=&serv=&vac=&freq=106.9&fre2=106.9&facid=&class=&dkt=&list=1&dist=&dlat2=&mlat2=&slat2=&NS=N&dlon2=&mlon2=&slon2=&EW=W&size=9

Edit add: “KPWM in Bellevue WA”… KRWM (COL Bremerton)?

silverdollar
    Participant

Weird. I was tuning remotely so it’s possible I had a mis-tune. *shrug*

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

K-Love once applied for 106.9 and was turned down. They then went for 107.3 instead and the FCC let them have it.

semoochie
    Participant

It could have something to do with KLTH being a full Class C.

silverdollar
    Participant

I heard a positive ID “KQFE” so it must have been a mis-tune. Happens rarely when remotely tuning on Global Tuners.

silverdollar
    Participant

KZEL-HD1 is on again after its most recent hiatus.

KNRQ seems insanely loud today, even by KNRQ standards. Do they do that deliberately for Al Scott’s afternoon Road Rage show? Oh and it’s “The 103 Days of Summer” now. Global warming!

the_radio_guy
    Participant

“Star 102.3” now has the Adult CHR format they should have had 7 years ago. Thanks to the smart programming decisions over the past year, 102.3 finally has respectable ratings in Eugene.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Does anyone still publish the 12+ ratings for smaller markets online?

semoochie
    Participant
    Greg_Charles
    Participant

Congrats to KEHK. As said above, it only took Cumulus Media 7 years to get their corporate heads out of the toilet. Or maybe they had bigger fires to fight over the past 7 years?

Now for phase 2: Is it just me or does KDUK sound extremely vulnerable by programming Dawson McAllister? I’m old, so maybe I just don’t get it. It used to be that teens liked music…remixes…the more cutting edge the better.

In the olden days when you started a new CHR it would be common to go 100% teens then after a few months morph toward an older demographic without alienating teens or loosing any street vibe. KEHK has sort of done it the opposite way even though its Hot AC.

IMO nights on both stations is pretty bad.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think there’s anyone in the country targeting teens anymore, unless you count Radio Disney and the like.

Broadway
    Participant

Now the next move (in) for Eugene radio is 97.5 KSHL from the coast going to 97.7 and will KSHL move to another Freq on the coast to retain it’s presence like KNRQ?

semoochie
    Participant

I think that KSHL was part of an elaborate frequency adjustment and they’re the last to change.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Thanks for the link Semoochie, I finally found my old AA log in info. That link makes it look like Eug-Spfd has sunk to Market #171, but it’s really 151, still below the 143 or 144 it was not too many years ago.

Dawson McAllister? Sounds like the name of an old radio preacher.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.