Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    KevanGC
    Participant

Did anyone notice the announcer at 1am (probably an engineer) pronounced Aloha like in Hawaii “A-low-ha” instead of “A-loha”.

Same one I recorded?

the_radio_guy
    Participant

103.7 KNRQ isn’t mentioning Harrisburg in their Legal ID. Someone needs to fix this as soon as possible!

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Has “Magic 94.5” KLYK moved their Longview translator from 97.9 to 93.5 yet?

semoochie
    Participant

I only heard it for a couple of the wee hours. There might not be any more.

KevanGC
    Participant

Is KXPC still testing, or did they shut it off.

Last time I checked GlobalTuners yesterday afternoon I couldn’t hear it.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Is KXPC still testing, or did they shut it off”

It appears that they finished the testing… when I checked Sunday morning it was off and all of the HD transmitters from the site were back on. More info here from engineer Chris W. on the “Towers and Such” thread:

http://feedback.pdxradio.com/topic/towers-amp-such-2013/page/5#post-167625

silverdollar
    Participant

“103.7 KNRQ isn’t mentioning Harrisburg in their Legal ID. Someone needs to fix this as soon as possible!”

Looks like it’s been fixed. At 6PM tonight the legal said “Harrisburg-Eugene-Springfield”.

Maybe they monitor this forum! 😉

semoochie
    Participant

I noticed that when they swapped the calls, they dropped the suffixes on both, no “FM”.

boisebill
    Participant

I think the -FM was left over from when both had a sister AM or TV station.

The AM or TV (?) changed calls long ago and there was no hurry or need to change the -FM call letters. Took the reassignment swap to finally get rid of the -FM?

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

In the case of KNRQ, yes, AM 1320 1995-2001. I didn’t realize it was that long until I looked it up.

103.7 was a stand-alone, I believe for its entire existence as KOMS, KIQY and KXPC until EMF bought it. Maybe there was a KXPC(AM) in another market somewhere?

the_radio_guy
    Participant

According to the records, the KXPC calls have never been used anywhere else. Some stations choose to use the “-FM” suffix for reasons unknown.

semoochie
    Participant

Both stations have filed for their licenses and been accepted.

KevanGC
    Participant

KXPC can sign on for good now?

semoochie
    Participant

See Chris Weiss’ comments in “Towers & Such”.

silverdollar
    Participant

Looks like KQFE is firing up a new translator in Eugene on 106.9 (in addition to 88.9 in Springfield). They were on for a while, now off. Guess I won’t be DXing KPWM in Bellevue WA any more. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,011 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.