Eugene Radio Happenings

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,011 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Michael Morales Joins KEHK For Mornings

CUMULUS Hot AC KEHK (STAR 102.3)/EUGENE, OR names MICHAEL MORALES for mornings beginning on MONDAY (3/18).

MORALES comes to the STAR 102.3 from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA where he spent time at KIIS FM/LOS ANGELES, KKLQ (Q106)/SAN DIEGO, and KBBY (B95.1)/VENTURA-OXNARD, CA.

KEHK PD MAVERICK commented, “I’m thrilled to finally have a live and local personality in the mornings here in the STAR 102.3 ‘GLASS TREEHOUSE’ studios. MICHAEL MORALES is a true disc jockey who knows how to have fun while playing a whole lot of STAR tunes.

MICHAEL MORALES added, “I know this sounds like a cliché, but I’m just simply looking forward to having some fun on the radio again.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access

“Doug Stephan’s Good Day” Adds New Affiliates

The syndicated DOUG STEPHAN’S GOOD DAY has recently added 12 new affiliates. Picking up the show is CUMULUS Talk KUGN-A/EUGENE, OR.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

KORE 1050 Springfield buildings and property for sale:

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17734596/2080-Laura-St-Springfield-OR/

The listing I spotted in a HomeSeekers guide indicates “industrial commercial” with no mention of the radio station, but the link above mentions “radio license.”

semoochie
    Participant

Did KORE move to another location? Are they dark?

Broadway
    Participant

Think the station is still on the air…weird way to list a radio station for sale by listing it’s real property. No mention of tower on site and all offices and studio are in the building listed.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

KORE is still operating at that location, but a friend who is a past employee says the transmitter, equipment and buildings are, well, not in the most desirable condition.

This facility was once the old KEED, “The Nifty Ten-Fifty.”

Broadway
    Participant

Emailed the GM Larry Knight…said the station and property are for sale…separate or together. Would cost a whole lot more to separate the two. The station does have value as they’ve had program income for years.

boisebill
    Participant

Since the FCC thinks it’s located a couple blocks north of where it actually is that’ll add to the cost .

silverdollar
    Participant

A while back Randy-in-Eugene said “I heard a pirate on 98.5 not more than 10 days ago using the call letters “KHAC.” It was some guy reading a long, boring article, then he signed off and I haven’t found him since. I haven’t noticed any other pirate signals around Eugene in recent months.”

He’s back tonight

silverdollar
    Participant

KZEL-HD was stable for a couple months, now down again for last couple weeks.

boisebill
    Participant

FM STATION APPLICATIONS FOR MINOR CHANGE TO A LICENSED FACILITY ACCEPTED FOR FILING

OR BPH-20130524ADS KSHL 6320 STEPHANIE LINN Minor change in licensed facilities.

E 97.7 MHZ COBURG, OR

The instant application is being filed to secure a new three-year construction permit

for KSHL on Channel 249C3 at Coburg. The change in community of license from Gleneden

Beach was previously approved in BPH-20080331ACW, but KSHL has been unable to implement

the move owing to failure of a condition precedent, namely the relocation of KNRQ-FM

from Eugene to Aloha. The instant application also incorporates a change in the

proposed tower to be used for the Coburg operation.

semoochie
    Participant

And not only that: KZEL’s application to increase to a(barely)Class C has been granted. I wonder if they’ll actually build it.

silverdollar
    Participant

So I’m listening to KRVM this afternoon. It’s pledge drive time for them, and the announcer alluded to some kind of pending big change in the Eugene radio scene that will make KRVM fans appreciate the station even more.

Anyone know what’s up? I bet Randy-In-Eugene knows! 😉

As a side note, KLCC has shut off their HD2, and KWAX has dropped HD completely.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

No inside info here, but I will speculate KLCC may remove what little daytime music they still play in favor of more talk programming, like some of the stuff from the former HD2.

silverdollar
    Participant

I would bet you’re right Randy.

Also forgot to mention, KZEL-HD1 returned a few weeks ago. That makes the current Eugene HD lineup KRVM-HD1 & HD2, KLCC-HD1, and KZEL-HD1.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,011 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.