Eugene Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,109 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant

Will 103.7FM be the new freq for 98.9FM when it moves to PDX?

semoochie
    Participant

97.9, yes

Broadway
    Participant

Couldn’t wait till the 97.7 coastal move-in came in…so that will be a new station in the market…

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS has new affiliates for The SAVAGE Nation: KLOO-A/CORVALLIS, OR.

boisebill
    Participant

OR BLFT-20050224AAZ DK203BT 8428 CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC. License to cover E 88.5 MHZ EUGENE, OR License cancelled and callsign deleted 1/8/2013 per Licensee’s request – no letter sent

One of eight they dumped. Most in WA & OR.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

That translator was taken off some time ago when Calvary put on KPIJ in Junction City at 88.5.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ARLIE & COMPANY has closed on the sale of Oldies KLZS-A/EUGENE, OR to EUGENE COMEDY RADIO for $225,000.

jay_zie
    Participant

So does that mean Arlie & Company own no more Radio Stations?

silverdollar
    Participant

From Allaccess.com…….

#151 Eugene-Springfield, OR

SUBSCRIBER ONLY Fall ’12 ARBITRON Quarterly Report 12+ Mon-Sun, 6a-12mid

Population: 310,000Black: 4,600 (1%)Hispanic: 21,100 (7%)

Last updated: Jan 22, 2013

Station Format Owner Spr 11 Fall 11 Spr 12 Fall 12

KKNU-FM

Country McKenzie River 15.9 14.3 13.2 13.6

KDUK-FM

Top 40/M Bicoastal 8.8 10.0 10.0 8.9

KFLY-FM

Active Rock Bicoastal 4.5 4.9 5.7 5.9

KPNW-AM

Talk Bicoastal 3.7 4.9 5.7 5.0

KODZ-FM

Classic Hits Bicoastal 6.3 7.0 5.1 4.7

KZEL-FM

Classic Rock Cumulus 6.5 4.6 5.1 4.7

KNRQ-FM

Alternative Cumulus 4.3 3.0 4.9 4.4

KMGE-FM

AC McKenzie River 4.5 4.9 5.4 4.1

KUJZ-FM

Sports Cumulus 1.1 3.3 1.9 3.8

KEHK-FM

Hot AC Cumulus 3.7 1.5 3.5 3.3

KEUG-FM

Adult Hits McKenzie Riv 3.4 4.6 2.7 3.3

KUGN-AM

News Cumulus 2.3 3.6 3.0 3.0

Nothing really exciting here, can not anticipate anyone switching formats

semoochie
    Participant

I was beginning to wonder about the timeframe to move KXPC to Eugene. They have re-applied and this time, intend to replace the existing KNRQ antenna with their own. I don’t see how it’s possible to move KNRQ’s programming over there if, from an antenna standpoint, it’s one or the other. I wouldn’t think Cumulus would want to move the programming to KXPC in its current location, even temporarily.

Greg_Charles
    Participant

I’m a little surprised KEHK didn’t do better, and get a small piece of KDUK. Maybe they need to do something special each Thursday for the next period? Oh wait…Cumulus…it’s time for the PD to become extra innovative and really creative.

Interesting how KEUG did so well years ago but have continually dropped. Some of the “whatever” tracks I have to question, but traditionally MRB relies heavily on research. Something seems to be wrong.

oregonradioguy
    Participant

On Monday, KUGN-AM in Eugene dropped the Dave Ramsey Show (6p-8p) and replaced it with the Michael Savage show. Even though the KUGN website hasn’t been updated, this appears to be a permanent change as a search of the Dave Ramsey website no longer reflects KUGN as an affiliate.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Jury Finds Against Discrimination Lawsuit By Former KFLY Employee

A jury returned a verdict in a lawsuit from broadcaster MICHAEL FLEMING regarding an on-air firing and bullying from members of THE DONKEY SHOW, the afternoon-drive program on BICOASTAL MEDIA Rock KFLY/EUGENE, OR in just two hours YESTERDAY (2/21).

FLEMING filed a $500,000 lawsuit claiming ageism/sex discrimination and wrongful demotion against BICOASTAL MEDIA’s THE DONKEY SHOW and host CHAD “TANNER” HANEY and his cohorts for his firing and bullying over a SUPER BOWL promotion last JANUARY 2012. FLEMING declined to participate in the SUPER BOWL promotion; allegedly TANNER and THE DONKEY SHOW harrassed and ultimately fired FLEMING.

THE REGISTER-GUARD reports, “The jury of eight women and four men began deliberating about 1p and announced that they had reached their verdict shortly before 3p. They found against former local radio personality MICHAEL FLEMING on all counts and awarded no damages.

silverdollar
    Participant

Here is what I believe could happen for Cumulus. When 103.7 is up and ready that is where KNRQ would go. Blow up 102.3 and put country music there. Cumulus has started a brand called “Nash” which they have started using is New York. 10,000 in a row and they are slowly adding talent. In the past couple of weeks they had concerts to help promote the station. Big names and some up and comers. I think doing this would take at least 3 to 4 points from KKNU. I truly believe this town can support 2 country stations.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

This would also be a mid-Willamette Valley happening.

Rick Hansen, a former “DJ, sportscaster, and news director for KFAT and KNND radio and an announcer on KMGE (Magic 94),” has passed away at 66 of cancer.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/registerguard/obituary.aspx?n=richard-charles-hansen-rick&pid=163628143#fbLoggedOut

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.