Electoral vote predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

An asshole to the very end. And 40% of our neighbors.

Brianl
    Participant

Georgia has flipped!!!!

radiogeek
    Participant

From a Yahoo News report of a CNN broadcast;

Yahoo TV
    Anderson Cooper compares Trump to an ‘obese turtle’ following White House press conference
    George Back
    George Back·Producer, Yahoo Entertainment
    Thu, November 5, 2020, 9:19 PM PST

Following President Trump’s press conference Thursday evening, CNN’s election panel weighed in on his unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud. President Trump made multiple accusations about illegal votes and mail-in voter fraud, saying, “This is a case where they’re trying to steal an election — trying to rig an election.” Everyone on the panel condemned the president’s speech, but host Anderson Cooper’s rebuke was perhaps the most harsh.

“That is the president of the United States,” said Cooper. “That is the most powerful person in the world and we see him like an obese turtle on his back, flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over but he just hasn’t accepted it and he wants to take everybody down with him, including this country.”

Couldn’t have said it better myself. How come it has taken this long for the media to be direct and honest about the disaster of the last four years?

Ed

radiogeek
    Participant

More from the Dufus in Chief;

Regarding the “Stop the Vote” madness,

Olivia Nuzzi, the Washington correspondent for New York magazine, tweeted a similar report on Thursday.

“I’m told that President Trump can’t get his messaging straight on counting the votes because he doesn’t understand what ‘stop the count’ means,” she wrote.

“On a call this morning, an adviser had to explain to him that if they stopped counting votes right now, he would lose the election.”

In a second tweet, Nuzzi said: “Trump said he assumed people knew that by ‘stop the count’ he didn’t mean he wanted to stop the count. The adviser had to explain to him that actually people figured he meant he wanted to stop the count when he said ‘stop the count.'”

When asked during an MSNBC appearance early Friday “whether they understand the math in the White House,” Nuzzi simply replied: “No.”

Add math to one of the things the most powerful person on the planet don’t need to know.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Journalists on KOMO 1000 have been openly describing Trump’s claims that he would have comfortably won the election had “illegally cast” ballots not been counted as unfounded and his demand that vote counting be halted immediately as something that he does not have the legal authority to do. News of election protests in various cities, including Portland, are making international headlines. Trump’s remarks, in my opinion, are solely designed to lure the tinfoil hat wearers out of the woodwork. I am deeply embarrassed for the federal government and for the country right now.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I was recently asked whether I thought that Trump is as bad as Augusto Pinochet, the dictator of Chile in the 1970s and ’80s. My response was, no; Pinochet was competent. Trump is more like the pointy-haired boss in Dilbert.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I wonder how mail-in voting moving forward will look like? In places like Pennsylvania, would they go with mail-in and walk in polling? Will the GOP see the value of mail-in voting? Or will this bet another civil divide between conservatives and liberals. Biden is absolutely crushing the mail-in vote.

Thoughts?

semoochie
    Participant

It should be noted that Pennsylvania has also flipped and is on track to decide the election with more than half of a point lead. They’re currently at nearly a quarter of a point. Counting in Nevada has resumed and is over a point and a half lead, as is Arizona but the Georgia lead is only .03 and shouldn’t be able to escape a recount, so it’s a good thing we have Pennsylvania because if Nevada takes us to 270 and we can’t extend it, one Biden elector could vote for Trump and we’d have an electoral tie, if Trump won the rest of the states! The last time that occurred, we ended up with John Quincy Adams and we can’t let that happen again! 🙂 North Carolina isn’t expected to see anymore vote count until next week and if it goes to Biden and everything else stays as is, Biden will have 321 electoral votes to Trump’s 217, with an almost certain win in Alaska.

lastday
    Participant

I wish journalists would start really pushing Trump for facts as he spews his lies. Also maybe one can throw a shoe at Trump like happened to GW Bush. It’s time for the media to stop playing nice with this grotesque failure of a human.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Although the Master of Disaster is glad it appears Trump is unlikely to win, every so often the Master of Disaster reads something on Fox News’ website he agrees with. This is one of such articles: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-caucus-clash-too-progressive

Andrew
    Participant

lastday: “I wish journalists would start really pushing Trump for facts as he spews his lies. Also maybe one can throw a shoe at Trump like happened to GW Bush. It’s time for the media to stop playing nice with this grotesque failure of a human.”

Yeah, journalists gave up trying to do that long ago – whenever they’ve asked him tough questions, he just launches personal attacks on them.

lastday
    Participant

The rules have changed. Trump is so far off the rails now he’s forfeited the right to be treated with the respect and deference due a normal president. The gloves should come off when the media is covering his insane election pronouncements.

Likewise, senior members of the GOP should openly tell him to just shut up because he’s only embarrassing himself, his party, and the country.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Andrew
    Participant

lastday: “The rules have changed. Trump is so far off the rails now he’s forfeited the right to be treated with the respect and deference due a normal president. The gloves should come off when the media is covering his insane election pronouncements.”

I guess I watch/listen to different media than you do. I listen to NPR, and for a long time now, when Trump is being covered and he lies, they routinely point it out. Same with CNN though I rarely watch/listen to them.

Otherwise, lots of journalists have tried to challenge Trump – did you miss the Leslie Stahl 60 minutes interview? Did you miss Trump’s town hall in Miami a few weeks ago with Savannah Guthrie?

“Likewise, senior members of the GOP should openly tell him to just shut up because he’s only embarrassing himself, his party, and the country.”

Of course they SHOULD. But they have learned that there is no political downside to sticking to Donald Trump. Look at how this week’s elections turned out for them: other than losing the presidency – and a president many of them loathe privately – they have been rewarded politically for sticking with Trump. The Republicans have held (probably) the Senate and gained seats in the House. From their standpoint, why change what’s working? If they can weaken Biden by abetting Trump’s refusal to concede for a bit longer, so be it. If it isn’t going to cost them politically, why not? That’s their way of thinking anyway.

The idea that Republicans would try to be “good people” or act like Americans is long gone – look at how they handled recent Supreme Court confirmation hearings and the impeachment.

lastday
    Participant

No Andrew, I didn’t miss any of those events and I listen to NPR.

I want him to be vigorously challenged face to face, not in after-the-event reporting and analysis.

BTW I thought Leslie Stahl’s interview technique was abysmal. She was played by Trump. Not that it seems to have helped him.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.