Electoral vote predictions

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

There was most certainly voter suppression in 2016 but not nearly on the scale of this year, where there appears to be a coordinated effort among republican controlled states. In addition, they’re taking advantage of Covid to discourage early voting.

The vast majority of violence in this country comes from the right! Only 16% of gun owners are on the left! There won’t be a civil war because the left will refuse to play.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Semoochie: “The vast majority of violence in this country comes from the right!”

You mean the rioting, property damage, thievery this summer was an action of the right. I didn’t realize Portland was that heavily made up of Conservatives while the Left sat home minding their own business. Darn, I missed that.

I guess you’re saying that the same holds true for all the other cities in the U.S.

semoochie
    Participant

From what I understand, the situation remains unchanged since 1948. I maintain that Trump sent professional disrupters into the peaceful demonstrations as a distraction. If this is true, we could know sometime next year, assuming we can jettison the monarch from office!

You have to understand that I’ve never felt like this before. I always thought that republicans and democrats in office were basically decent people who had different plans to get to the same objective and that it didn’t matter that much who the president was because the laws were made by congress. The problem now is that republicans have turned their back on their ideals and clearly don’t care about anyone but the rich and big business, to the point of scheming to deny parts of the population the right to vote, among other things! They’re even willing to let millions of people die, in the hopes that everyone will become immune from Covid, despite the fact that there is no evidence that it can happen! Trumps attorneys at his impeachment trial admitted that they didn’t need to call any more witnesses because, “The democrats have proven their case.”! Despite the crime being literally spelled out as an impeachable offense, in the US Constitution, the republican led senate refused to remove him from office! This would never happen at any other time in our history! “There are eight million stories in the naked city. This is just one of them.”

It used to be that even the appearance of impropriety was enough to destroy a career. Trump can’t escape a single day without the appearance of impropriety! You’d think that someone would care about that.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by semoochie.
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Maybe he just sent them in to help put out the fires the rioters were starting.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Right-Wing Extremists: A Looming Threat to the U.S. Election.

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/right-wing-extremists-looming-threat-us-election

semoochie
    Participant

Today, Trump praised his supporters, who surrounded the Biden campaign bus, screaming epithets! This is the second time lately that he’s praised a supporter for an illegal act, following the 17 year-old shooter recently. We must tell everyone we know to please, vote for Biden, before this man convinces all republicans that Democracy is bad and should be abolished! He’s already said at his rallies that “Democrats aren’t really people”!

paulwalker
    Participant

We are at the end now. Very few are undecided.
    I think we shall see a Biden victory but it will be challenged. This may get ugly. I am expecting a terrible challenge that may indeed tear the country apart. Here is where we are unfortunately.

Andy Brown
    Participant

While I, too, am concerned about the post election pre inaugural period I think it is to some degree being overplayed by a media anxious to get a leg up on the next big story.

If Biden wins enough electoral votes that are clearly unchallengeable, it doesn’t matter how many of his votes over 270 are in squeaker victories. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I am encouraged by the lack of success the pre-loss Republican challenges to counting votes has had in the SCOTUS and lower courts, even by Republican judges.

I think drumpf is toast. I just don’t believe that many of these early voters are coming out to vote for drumpf. I’ve said all along this is about drumpf and Covid-19. In 1936, although some political pundits predicted a close race, Roosevelt went on to win the greatest electoral landslide since the beginning of the two-party system in the 1850s. Roosevelt took 60.8% of the popular vote, while Landon won 36.5% and Lemke won just under 2%.

Bob
    Participant

Since this is an electoral vote thread, I’ll go with one of the few who actually got it right last time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907787/Pollster-predicted-presidents-2016-victory-says-shy-Trump-voters-time.html

Andrew
    Participant
    semoochie
    Participant

Instead of voting for Joe Biden or Donald Trump, what they really need to do is make it a ballot measure, with Trump or Biden connected to whether it’s a yes or no answer. That would give a better indication of people’s preference. The question should be, “Shall the country be turned into a monarchy?”!

Bob
    Participant

Vox is wrong both about ‘shy’ Trump voters as noted in the article linked below…but also how far off 2016 prognostications were. The last Presidential election polls were so far off, pollsters were apologizing. Then there’s this:

“…77 percent of Trump supporters would not admit it to friends or family members.”

Trump voter shyness can’t be waved away.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1343305/US-election-poll-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-joe-biden-exclusive-polling

paulwalker
    Participant

It is obvious we will not know the results tonight, as predicted. I must say that Trump is performing well as most incumbents do. I think this could become tumultuous but what else is new for 2020? Pennsylvania is adding days for their election. What is up with that? But Trump seems to have the upper hand over performing in Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Trump will declare victory though it won’t be certain.

mwdxer1
    Participant

As usual as they were in 2016, the polls were way off. Some even thought Biden may win in a landslide. I think there are more that voted because of the economy (stock market) over COVID, or anything else. Should I be surprised? No, but I was hoping….Time will tell where this goes….Glad I live in the Northwest though.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

As usual as they were in 2016, the polls were way off.

The Master of Disaster agrees, there was no “blow-out” as predicted by the polls.

At this point, the only entity standing in the way of all the legally-cast votes being counted is… Donald Trump himself! He ‘was ahead until he wasn’t ahead’, just like the 2000 Portland Trail Blazers took a 13-point lead going into the Fourth Quarter of Game 7, all of us probably know what happened then!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.