Election is finally over: GSA releases transition funds after Michigan certifies

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Election is finally over: GSA releases transition funds after Michigan certifies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I’ll bet White House legal counsel have been updating the latest Microsoft Word template for “Pardon.” They’re going to get a lot of use out of it between now and January 20…

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/michigan-certifies-biden-win-rejecting-trump-fraud-claims.html

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Life in the political world is going to remain interesting for some time.

I might add that Biden seems to be doing a decent job of making his cabinet selections. Some folks with a lot of experience. We need the place populated with people who bring some credentials to the table and can hit the ground running.

semoochie
    Participant

There are still six states that haven’t finished counting: Pennsylvania, Maine, Illinois, California, Oregon and Washington. A week ago, there were ten.

A very odd tweet from Trump that instructs his people to begin the transition process, also says the fight continues! This may be the closest he comes to a concession and just hopes people will forget all about it.

The conspiracy theory about a voting machine that would change a Trump vote to Biden and was not accepted as fact by Tucker Carlson, has now been thrown out by the Trump campaign! Even they won’t go that far!

We may live through this yet!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by semoochie.
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Trump has seen ex-Presidents get rich on speaking fees after leaving the office. I would predict he’ll figure out ways to accomplish that.

Think of an arena full of supporters who paid $5 to get in.

He’s got a movement he could very well keep alive as a profit center.

edselehr
    Participant

Good idea, Deane. Trump should tour like the Grateful Dead, with a cadre of Trump flag-flying trucks following him from venue to venue, yelling at him to play “Freebird” and “Lock Her Up” and other greatest hits.

Can’t call them Deadheads…how about “MAGA Mob”?

Andrew
    Participant

Don’t assume Trump’s devoted followers won’t eventually tire of him.

lastday
    Participant

Trump will keep them pumped up for the foreseeable future. Unending tweets, his own show on NewsMax or whatever that alt-Fox “news” network is. He will mock Biden’s every move and decision and probably continue to suggest Biden is being propped up with drugs. Etc etc etc. He will have a book ghost-written (because he can’t write above a 4th grade level himself) trashing everyone in his administration who didn’t lick his boots and wipe his ass.

Trump is far FAR from done.

Oh and he will either pardon himself, or resign on his last day and be pardoned by Pence. Possibly both just to be sure.

Andrew
    Participant

I didn’t say Trump would go away the week after Biden takes office. I said: don’t assume his followers won’t eventually tire of him.

lastday
    Participant

I read and understood what you said. I hope you’re right.

But I just don’t think the bulk of his fan club will ever tire of his antics. And you may be underestimating his ability to stir the shit if that’s what he chooses to do. 70M people voted for him in spite of knowing and understanding he’s a piece of garbage.

Andrew
    Participant

Not all of his voters are “devoted followers.” Even popular presidents can loose their luster pretty quickly. In November 1972, Richard Nixon won re-election with 60% of the vote and 520 electoral votes (49 states). By November 1974, he had been hounded out of office and was a national disgrace.

Trump was propped up during his presidency by a lot of opportunistic Republicans who found it mutually beneficial to go along with Trump to get what they wanted – namely, big tax cuts and a lot of right-wing judges and justices. And of course, they were afraid of him. Just easier to go along. Once he’s gone, they won’t have to fear him nearly as much. And he won’t be covered constantly in the media anymore at least at some point, and he won’t be doing press conferences from the White House. Trump’s also going to have a lot of legal problems that may make him look bad. And who knows how his health is now – he may not really have recovered so well from Covid as he has led us to believe.

No one can predict how relevant Trump will be in four years – will be be the Republican nominee in 2024, or will he already be seen as a has-been and a fraud many have finally seen through?

Andy Brown
    Participant

drumpf has a lot of serious legal problems and some huge debts to deal with. Anything he says before he’s face to face with those issues can be wholly disregarded.

Vitalogy
    Participant

My hope is that media coverage of Trump will go away once he’s out.

edselehr
    Participant

Rallys are the only way he knew how to campaign, because he controlled 100% what happened at every rally, being the narcissist that he is. Minus a campaign, his rally days are numbered. Just look at how he has dropped off the map of public appearances in the last couple weeks; he can’t stand to go out in public and be seen as a loser.

Who knows, he might just go full Howard Hughes after January 20th.

semoochie
    Participant

It seems likely that Twitter will remove his account.

Brianl
    Participant

“It seems likely that Twitter will remove his account.”

Twitter already said that they won’t protect his account once Biden is in office, they only do that to “world leaders”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.