Earth, Wind & Fire Founder Maurice White Has Died

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Earth, Wind & Fire Founder Maurice White Has Died

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

Maurice White is dead at age 74, after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/earth-wind-fires-maurice-white-dead-74/story?id=36723376

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Of all the rock and roll legends to pass in the past 30 plus days, this one is the hardest for me. I was always drawn to R&B music even in my earliest years. While others listened to rock, I hung out listening to EWF, Commodores, Stevie Wonder, Motown and other soul driven bands. They still remain favs today.

Maurice White was not only a gifted songwriter and singer, but a great entertainer. I’ve seen EWF twice, however, Mo was not a part of the band by then.

I knew of his parkinson’s disease for some time and it was tough watching him slowly fade away.

EWF was certainly part of my own soundtrack growing up. To this day my favorite song is, That’s The Way of World.

paulwalker
    Participant

The fact that they are in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is telling. They were beyond a dance/R&B group, they were mainstream to the hilt.

I love almost everything they did, but some of my favorites were some of their lesser hits (if you can call them that).

Getaway (’76)
    Fantsasy (’77)
    Serpentine Fire (’77)

Dxer1969
    Participant

Saw them at the State fair in Salem 20 years ago! Man! They were awesome! Always one of my favorite bands! RIP Maurice White!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.