Early 2017 College Football Predictions!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Early 2017 College Football Predictions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/2017-prespring-college-football-rankings-and-lookaheads-no-1-to-130/ar-AAnDRCF?li=BBnb7Kz

For those who don’t want to go through the entire list, here is how NW teams fare:

Oregon State #68
    Washington State #34
    Oregon #12
    Washington #5

Stanford and USC also do well. I do question Oregon at #12, after last season’s debacle, and a brand new coach.

Brianl
    Participant

Oregon is WAY overrated. I like the Taggert hire, and he has put together a good staff, but they were historically bad defensively last year, and even with a solid incoming class, lack playmakers there.

Conversely, Oregon State is underrated. I’m a huge Gary Anderson fan, he has them playing well over the talent level. They have some talent outside on offense, and Ryan Nall is an absolute stud. If they get adequate QB play, they are bowling.

I’ll take #34. Some Cougs feel “disrespected”, but between us shitting the bed down the stretch last year and our propensity to louse up our openers against FCS opponents, I love the hunger factor that #34 could give.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I look to UO to surprise some people this fall.

In the meantime, Duck hoops is in the hunt for a championship. First Pac-12, then the Natty. We should be a 1 or 2 seed if all goes well.

Brianl
    Participant

I think you can surprise some as well, Vit, but #12? Not yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.