Ducks Rose Bowl, easy to see — not

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    washnotore
    Participant

Some game ??? The Ducks got nipped in the Buckeye.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

OSU played a good game, Oregon did’t and got their asses whipped. Congratulations to the new champions.

paulwalker
    Participant

As for 2015, it is certainly going to be somewhat uncomfortable for the Ducks. Marcus could return, but it is not likely. The Ducks also lose several high profile seniors. Yes, with good up and coming players they could have another top 10 team, but it is going to be a challenge. I will predict they still might win the Pac-12 north, but this isn’t going to be as easy. The power appears to be in the South, but in the North look out for Stanford and Washington.

edselehr
    Participant

If a Duck loss means that their fans were saved from being teargassed in an after-game street celebration, then I’m a little bit glad we lost.

paulwalker
    Participant

Nonsense. why are the police the enemy all of a sudden?

Good grief.

Get over it. The police exist for a reason, they are not out to kill innocent people. Atleast 99.9% of the time. I would suggest supporting your local police as they do a lot more for you than you do for them.

jr_tech
    Participant
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Now we are taking college sports too seriously. It’s one of the reasons I’ve become ambivalent about sports in general. I grew up playing sports and stayed active for many years doing sports.

What the Ducks do next year makes no difference to me. The only saving grace for this years team has been Mariota. Class act all the way, even in defeat. He is what college and professional sports should be about. Talented and humble. Making his noise on the field and not off.

Oregon is now on the map as a serious contender year in and year out. Two appearances in National Championship games ain’t a bad resume.

Brianl
    Participant

Dux – as far as Meyer having Elliott punch one in at the end “being cheap” … GAH that argument always drives me nuts. And as a Coug, I know we’ve been on the receiving end of plenty of those.

It’s simple: If you don’t want the other team to run up the score, stop them. If you can’t, that’s a you problem.

Oregon got pWned on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The plan of attack was not that dissimilar from the one they took against Auburn four years ago – instead of running right at them up the gut, they tried to hit the edges and use the speed advantage. The difference here, as with Auburn, was that there was no speed advantage. It forced the Ducks into a lot of third and longs (average -3rd and 9) and took away half their playbook.

Big win by Ohio State. Congrats.

duxrule
    Participant

Agreed that the Ducks were severely outcoached. Like I said earlier, Helfrich got some graduate-level schooling on Monday. I would expect to see a better effort from the sideline next time around.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Urban Meyer showed a lack of class, period.

duxrule
    Participant
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Of course he did. There was a part of me that hoped he would come back, but as it stands, no advisor in the world would advise him to come back for a senior season.

Mariota could have gone pro last year but didn’t, and it will pay off. He had a solid season, won all the awards, took his team to the Natty. And, he already has his undergraduate degree in hand, as a Junior. So much for the stereotype of the dumb athlete.

As for his position in the draft, he’s a #1 pick 100% in my book. He is a hard worker, humble, a leader, accurate as a motherfucker, can run, has size, has smarts…long story short he’s a franchise player in the waiting. It’s hard to see how any other player in the draft has the benefits Mariota brings to the table.

Any GM that passes up on Mariota in the draft will go down in the same manner as those that passed up on Michael Jordan in favor of Sam Bowie.

duxrule
    Participant

I really don’t get these people who claim that Winston has a higher upside than Mariota. If he doesn’t have to start right away, he’ll end up as a star in the league. Watch him play…He’s the next Aaron Rodgers.

Brianl
    Participant

Winston is more pro-ready NOW. He played in a pro-style offense at Florida State, and can make all the throws. Not to say Marcus can’t, but he hasn’t had to put it in tight windows, etc.

Marcus, IMO, has the much higher upside. With his athleticism (which is worlds higher than Aaron Rodgers), I see him more as a Russell Wilson-type. His football IQ is off the charts, he makes zero mistakes, and can extend plays with his feet. He can and will run, but I think, like Russell, he will look to get his playmakers involved downfield.

Can you imagine if, some how, some way, Chip Kelly can move up to get Marcus? Holy crap, him in that offense? Scary!

I personally wouldn’t touch Jameis Winston. With his attitude and off-field issues, he’ll be this year’s Johnny Manziel if he’s not careful.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.