Ducks Rose Bowl, easy to see — not

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Dan Packard
    Keymaster

So I’m looking at the sports page to see what time to watch the big Ducks Rose Bowl game on broadcast TV and see it will not be broadcast. It’s only available on cable via premium pay channel ESPN.

The Rose Bowl mind you and we have to pay to watch. Whahhh!

Any recommendations on great ways to watch the Ducks game today?

Listener_Pete
    Participant

If you have cable, you will have ESPN since it’s on basic cable for “free”. If you don’t have cable you’re SOL. And that Sucks.

duxrule
    Participant

It will be on in every bar in town. You don’t have to drink alcohol.

paulwalker
    Participant

Dan, you and I are old enough to remember when sometimes a local channel would carry a game for those didn’t have cable. Unfortunately, those days are long gone. As others have said ESPN should be on your basic cable or dish lineup.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

ESPN is not on my basic Comcast cable. What is QAM/NTSC? I get over the air digital tv channels and have been doing most of my viewing more so online for the past few years.

Hey, maybe I’ll try YouTube/sports.

paulwalker
    Participant

Hey, Dan, more power to you. You apparently have that basic plan that just offers local channels, with perhaps CNN or Fox, (and of course) shopping channels. I think cable companies are required to offer this option. But I envy you. Your cable bill is probably atleast 100 dollars less than mine. Unfortunately, my job requires me more access to all the other crap. And I mean crap. Most channels on a regular cable lineup are not worth losing even two minutes of your life for.

BTW, spoiler alert: Oregon is mostly having its way against FSU, but FSU does have a reputation of starting slow so we shall see.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

I found a way to view the game online for free, via ESPN’s spider cam. It’s the camera tied by 4 cables that floats above the action. And as a bonus, the audio doesn’t have the blabbering announcers.

Start at ESPN.go.com and look for the spidercam link.
    OMG, the Ducks are clobbering FSU.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

The Ducks are running away with the game in the 4th quarter 59-20 with 9 minutes to go in the game.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, it is a rout. Congrats ducks fans. You have one more game to get over the drought. Best of luck.

duxrule
    Participant

Of course, it sounds like 20-20 hindsight now, but no one believed me when I said that Oregon was going to crush FSU. The ‘Noles just weren’t that good.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Congratulations are in order for the Ducks. They earned this one.

ESPN is becoming a premium channel on more and more cable systems supposedly due to the costs ESPN charges the TV providers, and carriage of their additional channels (ESPN2, ESPNews, etc.). The counterclaim being made is that sports viewership is a niche audience and not everyone wants access to it.

Most channels on a regular cable lineup are not worth losing even two minutes of your life for.
    Fully agreed here. The Master of Disaster would know, as the Master of Disaster has family that’s addicted to watching said filth instead of going out and earning a living.

paulwalker
    Participant

OK dux, good call. Will Oregon beat Alabama or Ohio State? Which team would be better for the Ducks?

duxrule
    Participant

tOSU ain’t looking too sharp right now, but through my beer goggles, I would say that Oregon could play with either one of these teams. If a third-stringer can carve up ‘Bama’s secondary like this, what is Mariota going to do? I actually think that Ohio St. would be the tougher matchup for Oregon, but it doesn’t look like they have the horses to hang with Saban’s boys.

duxrule
    Participant

As we head into the half, perhaps I spoke too soon. I knew this game was going to be a battle of the minds, Saban vs. Meyer. To be honest, I would still rather play Saban. Meyer is too damn sneaky.

paulwalker
    Participant

Ducks vs. Ohio State for the title. Wow! #2 vs #4. Love this new format! Very exciting, just what the new format was offering.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.