drumpf will soon be gone but

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    lastday
    Participant

If Trump legitimately wins, I will not be surprised. Just dismayed. Very very dismayed.

Andrew
    Participant

Andy made some great points earlier. This is not 2016. There are numerous factors going against Trump that show he is in a deep whole. E.g. there are fewer undecided voters this time than in 2016. Even though Clinton was ahead in many polls too at this point in 2016, there were more undecided voters, and she was not above 50% in many polls. Undecided voters broke for Trump late in 2016. This time, Biden is above 50% in more polls and there are fewer undecided voters.

Unfortunately, Trump now has Bill Barr’s Justice Department behind him to try to sue in various states to try to keep him in power – something he didn’t have in 2016. Let’s hope it’s not enough.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

You guys are worrying about the wrong thing. These long lines and heavy voting are not going to be Trump supporters. Unlike the GOP, the Democrats are well organized at the street level and can get out a lot of vote. It appears they are doing just that.

Trump may be going down with a historical size defeat.

Brianl
    Participant

“Trump may be going down with a historical size defeat.”

All the polls are looking that way; I saw one model that showed Biden with 400+ electoral votes.

The question is, will Trump honor the results and concede?

Bob
    Participant

Whether it’s Biden or Trump, whomever wins is the president.

Violence is not the answer.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

It’s certainly possible he might not concede right away until certain recounts have occurred, or something similair, but there’s a lot of time between Nov 3 and Jan 20 to get things straightened out.

You can pretty much be sure that most everyone in government will be working to effect a legitiment constituionally mandated transfer of power.

Fear of his not stepping aside on Jan 20 would be the least of my concerns. If he’s declared the loser, he becomes an ordinary citizen on Jan 20 with no more power than you or I.

semoochie
    Participant

Actually he does have more power than we do. He’s rich and that was enough to keep him out of trouble for the last 40 years, despite evidence of all sorts of wrongdoing!

“Whether it’s Biden or Trump, whomever wins is the president.

Violence is not the answer.”

It depends on the question. If he wins by fraud, announces that the Constitution is null and void, gets rid of all social programs including roads and starts killing everyone who disagrees with him, we might have to rethink that! That’s the worst case scenario, I hope.

One more thing: According to an unnamed source at the White House, it is now the government’s official policy to create “herd immunity” and there is evidence of this in his recent rallies. In addition to risking the lives of 330 million people is the fact that no serious medical or scientific people buy into this conspiracy! Millions could die and nothing would be accomplished! It’s just another political ploy by Trump at everyone’s expense!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by semoochie.
    radiogeek
    Participant

The polls and number of people who actually want to vote Biden vs Trump are not the issue. The issue is voter suppression and counting procedures. We had press reports this morning that the GOP is putting out fake ballot boxes in some areas. And critical swing states are being told they cannot process ballots already received.

If enough ballots in Democratic leaning areas are intercepted, enough polling places in the inner cities of swing states removed, and enough court challenges allowed … the Orange Menace could “win”.

Remember it’s not just about the President, control of the Senate is being fought over.

Ed

edselehr
    Participant

County election offices are where those expressing dissatisfaction with a Biden win, and have violent intent, are going to focus their energy. I hope that state and county governments are preparing for this.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Fake ballot boxes are clearly illegal. I doubt the oppositon will stand by and let that go unpunished.

I think the ones I heard about were in a county in California and it’s well known who put them out. There may be others I haven’t heard about.

Between now and Nov 3, we’re going to hear about some pretty far out nonsense relative to the election. That’s the problem with the huge polorization we now have in this country. Each side thinks it’s OK to do whatever is necessary to beat the other side into submission.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“If he’s declared the loser, he becomes an ordinary citizen on Jan 20 with no more power than you or I.”

Andrew
    Participant

Deane: “Between now and Nov 3, we’re going to hear about some pretty far out nonsense relative to the election. That’s the problem with the huge polorization we now have in this country. Each side thinks it’s OK to do whatever is necessary to beat the other side into submission.”

But only one side is spreading nonsense conspiracy theories about the other e.g. Sen Ron Johnson literally spreading Russian propaganda.

https://shepherdexpress.com/news/taking-liberties/ron-johnson-s-latest-mission-for-trump-and-putin/#/questions

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Andrew, I think you’re right. Clearly, the Democrats are better at working in the dark than is the GOP.

The GOP is more like the burgler who doesn’t wear gloves and leaves his finger prints all of the place.

semoochie
    Participant

“The polls and number of people who actually want to vote Biden vs Trump are not the issue. The issue is voter suppression and counting procedures. We had press reports this morning that the GOP is putting out fake ballot boxes in some areas. And critical swing states are being told they cannot process ballots already received.

If enough ballots in Democratic leaning areas are intercepted, enough polling places in the inner cities of swing states removed, and enough court challenges allowed … the Orange Menace could “win”.

Remember it’s not just about the President, control of the Senate is being fought over.

Ed”

The California Republican Party received a cease and desist order from the State of California and is ignoring it, saying that they intend to install even more ballot boxes! That’s what we’re dealing with!

paulwalker
    Participant

I have been going back and forth with this but my final prediction is Trump will be re-elected. I hope I am wrong but I think it is inevitable.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.