Drumpf redux

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    LurkingGrendel
    Participant

While the nomenclature Buzz Feed doesn’t generally conjure up the same level of journalistic acumen as say The New York Times or The Washington Post, they do capture a number of interesting stories on any given day. And to be fair they’re a hell of a lot more nimble than much of the traditional news media.

Under the category of “Donald Trump is a dangerous idiot” here’s another exhibit to add to the alarmingly huge pile.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/trump-on-barrel-rolling-russian-plane-at-a-certain-pointyou

Here’s some choice, verbatim quotes from The Donald:

Donald Trump said on Monday that, “at a certain point,” the United States should shoot at Russian planes that barrel roll over U.S. Air Force planes.
    Commenting on a Russian SU-27 that conducted a barrel roll over a U.S. aircraft on Friday, the second such maneuver a Russian plane has conducted in the past month, Trump told Indiana radio host Charly Butcher that Obama should first call Putin to object.
    “Normally, an Obama, let’s say a president, because you want to make at least a call or two, but normally Obama would call up Putin and say, ‘Listen, do us a favor, don’t do that, get that maniac, just stop it.’ But we don’t have that kind of a president. He’s gonna be out playing golf or something,” Trump said.
    “But I don’t know, at a certain point, you can’t take it,” the businessman continued. “I mean, at a certain point, you have to do something that, you just can’t take that. That is not right. It’s against all, you know, when you talk about Geneva convention, there’s gotta be things that are against it. You can’t do that. That’s called taunting. But it should certainly start with diplomacy and it should start quickly with a phone call to Putin, wouldn’t you think?”
    He went on to say that, if diplomacy didn’t work, the U.S. should open fire.
    “And if that doesn’t work out, I don’t know, you know, at a certain point, when that sucker comes by you, you gotta shoot,” Trump said. “You gotta shoot. I mean, you gotta shoot. And it’s a shame. It’s a shame. It’s a total lack of respect for our country and it’s a total lack of respect for Obama. Which as you know, they don’t respect.”

Yes, Captain Dipshit is under the impression that going to war with Russia over something completely idiotic would be a capital idea. Ah, more misinformed military machismo from the draft dodger. Sweet!

If that exchange doesn’t convince you Donald Trump is alarmingly ignorant and perhaps even abjectly stupid, there’s likely nothing at all that will. Anyone still seriously considering voting for this mouth breathing blowhard is already apparently ok with Donald’s well documented history of racism and misogyny all lovingly extolled with the vocabulary of a fourth grader. Why not add profoundly, moronically, (comically if it weren’t so deadly serious) potentially disastrously uniformed on foreign policy and cavalierly dismissive of the high costs of such bombastic hyperbole, to his list of achievements?

He’s already got that other rage filled lunatic, ex/fired Indiana basketball coach Bobby Knight, out on the campaign trail enthusiastically (screaming, really) about how Donald would have “the guts” to utilize nuclear weapons. Donald Trump himself recently said he couldn’t rule out using nuclear weapons in Europe. Why could he not rule out such insane actions, you might ask? And I quote The Donald, “Europe is a big place”.

Wow. Just fucking wow.

In my more fancifully autocratic moments, I’ve always been the fan of an idea of conducting a national IQ test and tying it to allowing certain activities. Well, now we have one:

The Donald Trump voter.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.