drumpf: KIAs are “suckers and losers”

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things drumpf: KIAs are “suckers and losers”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

He HAD to back down on killing Stars and Stripes at this moment. The anti-military flak from this story could be devastating. You can be sure that if Trump is re-elected, Stars and Stripes will be gone for good soon.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

When I was young I marveled at the fact that the Germans actually elected Hitler. We are fortunate, I suppose, that Trump is merely an amoral, failed businessman and not a capable, committed fascist.

Andrew
    Participant

Hitler was never elected to anything. The Nazi party won 33% of the seats in the Reichstag in late 1932, and Hitler was appointed chancellor by Germany’s president Hindenburg as a compromise. The Nazis used Hitler’s elevation to orchestrate a coup.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I see. Well, we never really elected Trump, either.

Andrew
    Participant

In some sense, it reflects more poorly on the US today that almost as many voters voted for Trump as for Clinton in 2016 – whereas in Germany in 1932, only about 1/3 of the voters voted for the Nazis.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

In his forthcoming book, Michael Cohen describes Trump as “a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man,” which is close to how I’ve repeatedly described him here.

Andrew
    Participant

Almost every book written about Trump (and I’ve been reading a few unfortunately) makes him sound like a monster.

semoochie
    Participant

“Hitler was never elected to anything. The Nazi party won 33% of the seats in the Reichstag in late 1932, and Hitler was appointed chancellor by Germany’s president Hindenburg as a compromise. The Nazis used Hitler’s elevation to orchestrate a coup.”

Oh, the humanity!

Jeffrey, what makes you think that Trump isn’t a fascist? Everything is does is straight out of the fascist handbook!

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Well, I’d probably describe Trump as fascistic, but he doesn’t believe in anything but Donald J. Trump.

Broadway
    Participant
    lastday
    Participant

That the sources are anonymous is very problematic. But the claims reek of something Dear Dotard would say.

There will be many October Surprises this year, from all directions. It will be hard to keep up with all of them.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Met to come…

The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief says his story about Trump calling vets ‘losers’ is just the beginning.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Broadway “pjmedia . . . ”

PJ Media, originally known as Pajamas Media, is a subscription based opinion and commentary website of far-right politics that is part of Salem Media Group.

The Atlantic, on the other hand, has a long and rich history of fair play and accurate reporting. A bunch of hail Mary passes by drumpf’s main sycophants does not debunk the story.

Nice try Broadway, but you have failed again. The folks cited in the trash you posted are all hard core drumpf ass lickers. It has no real value in this thread or any thread. It’s just a pathetic response to a valid report, like most of what you post. After all, drumpf has used this kind of rhetoric against John McCain which is on the record.

FYI, throughout its history, The Atlantic has been reluctant to endorse political candidates in elections. In 1860, three years into publication, The Atlantic’s then-editor James Russell Lowell endorsed Republican Abraham Lincoln for his first run for president and also endorsed the abolition of slavery.

In 1964, Edward Weeks wrote on behalf of the editorial board in endorsing Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson and rebuking Republican Barry Goldwater’s candidacy.

In 2016, the editorial board endorsed a presidential candidate, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, for the third time since the magazine’s founding, in a rebuke of Republican Donald Trump’s candidacy. Since the election, the magazine has become a strong critic of President Trump. The March 2019 cover article by editor Yoni Appelbaum formally called for the impeachment of Donald Trump: “It’s time for Congress to judge the president’s fitness to serve.” In September 2020, it published a story, citing several anonymous sources, claiming Trump referred to dead American soldiers as “losers.” Trump called it a “fake story” and suggested the magazine would soon be out of business.

wiki

Broadway
    Participant

Hail Mary hit piece…that’s all what’s going on here. Is there anyone here standing up for our President?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Only the rubes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.