drumpf is not at war with the media, he's at war with the truth

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things drumpf is not at war with the media, he's at war with the truth

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

drumpf does not simply have “a running war with the media,” as he so indecorously and disrespectfully spouted off while standing on the hallowed ground before the C.I.A. Memorial Wall. He is in fact having a running war with the truth itself.

drumpf is a proven liar. He lies often and effortlessly. He lies about the profound and the trivial. He lies to avoid guilt and invite glory. He lies when his pride is injured and when his pomposity is challenged.

Indeed, one of the greatest threats Trump poses is that he corrupts and corrodes the absoluteness of truth, facts and science.

It is no coincidence that the rise of Trump is concurrent with the rise of “fake news.” It is no coincidence that his rise comes during an age of severely damaged faith in institutions.

And now that he has been elected, Trump wants absolute control over the flow of information, to dictate his own version of facts rather than live with the reality of accepted facts. Trump is in a battle to bend the truth to his benefit.

He hates members of the press because, when properly performing, they are truth seekers rather than ego-strokers. The press may sometimes get things wrong, but it most often gets them right. A truly independent press is not stocked with political acolytes but political adversaries.

This doesn’t sit well with an administration that wants to be perpetually patted on the back and never rapped on the knuckles.

After Trump and his press secretary, Sean Spicer, got called out by the press for lying about Trump’s inauguration crowd size and viewership, Spicer limped back to the mic and whined of Trump’s press coverage: “The default narrative is always negative, and it’s demoralizing.”

No, sir, the default is to call a lie a lie; lies are negative because they are the opposite of the truth; and Trump continuously lies. Also, he who is devoid of morality is immune to demoralization. You can’t wring water from a rock.

The bone you have to pick is not with the press but with the “president.”

Trump’s team seems to need to control narratives and to stanch what they view as negative, even if it’s true. This compulsion may in fact be spilling over into the Trump administration’s approach to government agencies, particularly those with a more scientific leaning.

As The Hill reported Tuesday, “The Trump administration is clamping down on public communications by agencies as it seeks to assert control over the federal bureaucracy.”

The site continued:

“New restrictions on social media use and interaction with press and lawmakers at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the departments of Commerce, Health and Human Services, Agriculture and the Interior have sparked concerns of a President Trump-backed effort to silence dissenting views.”

http://nyti.ms/2kCHixe

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Elite = educated.

Mainstream media = fact based reporting.

A.K.A. daring to report the things that Donald Trump and the GOP *actually* say and are *actually* doing and attempting to hold them accountable for the actual words that come of their mouths.

Of course they don’t like that. What autocrat does?

Elite = We’re so smart that we know what’s best for you little people better than you do.

Mainstream Media = Public Relations Department of Democrat party

It wasn’t fair to say the Mainstream Media is the Public Relations Department for the Democrats. It would be more accurate to say they are the Democrat Propaganda Machine.

radiodork
    Spectator

Andy, you have waaaay too much time on your hands. You are obsessed with Trump in a very unhealthy way. I think you need to masturbate more or go have sex with your wife/girlfriend. You need to relieve some of this tension you have built up over trump. You’re obsessed with him. I’m sorry your girl Hillary didn’t win but It was time for change in this country and that was something Hillary couldn’t bring. She would be ridding on Obama’s coattails.
    Its time to realize that Obama will go down in the history books as one of the most racially divisive president’s ever. His legacy is tarnished. The first African American president who brought this country more racially divided than ever.

Let’s not forget that George Bush was Hitler too. I bet his father and Reagan were also Hilter.

This one came from some grade school kids, I believe. Nice that they encourage this kind of creativity in our schools. I wonder what 2nd grader came up with the Trump/Hitler comparison.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Why don’t one of you address the article instead of the memes? I’ll answer for you. Because neither one of you have a fucking clue about what’s going on in the country right now.

dork, go back into your hole like the rodent you are.

bacon, address the issues in any of the threads. Go ahead. That’ right, your too incompetent to think on your own. Pretty soon, you’ll be incontinent, too.

semoochie
    Participant

Here’s a thought: Become elite!

Brianl
    Participant

There were a tremendous amount of atrocities committed by the George W. Bush administration. And I would take Dubya in a microsecond over the current administration.

I firmly believe that while Bush used shitty intelligence, lies and revenge to oust Saddam Hussein and create the vacuum of power that has created ISIS in that region, he truly wanted to help the Iraqi people and make life better for them. He had empathy for our Muslim brothers and sisters, and immediately after 9/11 he went out of his way to preach to the American people tolerance and acceptance for Muslims, correctly stating that it is a very small minority of radical jihadists that are ruining the perception of Islam for all Muslims.

Trump has this notion that all Muslims are bad people. He is, by executive action, mandating that into law here.

Bush was a dolt. He was, however, not a racist, sexist fascist who was hellbent on ignoring Congress, the Constitution or the American people.

skeptical
    Participant

I was wrong. I pretty much have to take back everything I ever said about George W Bush. He is not the worst president ever. Not even in the same ballpark with Trump. I may have to change my avatar.

Langston
    Participant

I also recall that W was not bat squeeze crazy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.