Draft Cuomo starting to look interesting to Dems

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Draft Cuomo starting to look interesting to Dems

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

I believe Biden can beat Trump.

paulwalker
    Participant

I believe you are wrong. Many sources say the dems are scrambling to find an alternative candidate. Whether it is Andrew Cuomo or not is anyone’s guess. Either way this is leaning unfortunately to the potus.

Andrew
    Participant

Paul: “Super Tuesday is history, Andrew. Biden vs. Trump is a clear victory for Donald. Nothing you have stated makes me change my prediction.”

Not saying you should change your prediction, Paul, only that your record of predictions has not been good to this point. Why should anyone believe you now? Have you suddenly gotten better at predictions?

Would you take advice from a stockbroker whose past picks have done poorly? Maybe this time he’ll be right?

I’m not saying I am any better than you are at making predictions. I don’t know if Trump will win or not. I’m not making a prediction. Just admit it: you’re guessing, hoping you are right so in November if he does win, you can tell everyone, “See? Told ya so!”

Andrew
    Participant

Paul: “I believe you are wrong. Many sources say the dems are scrambling to find an alternative candidate. Whether it is Andrew Cuomo or not is anyone’s guess. Either way this is leaning unfortunately to the potus.”

Many sources? Please elaborate.

This sounds like the Bernie Bros in my Facebook feed who are now suggesting we dump Biden for Sanders – just like they did in 2016. Never mind the millions of voters or the rules all the candidates agreed to – let’s just jettison all the rules and pick another candidate by committee, someone WE want to be the nominee – not the candidate the primary voters have been voting for.

Primary voters tend not to like having their voters essentially overturned. Why would anyone vote in a primary again if the party would simply discard the result at the end?

paulwalker
    Participant

This “I told you so” argument you have made a number of times is silly. Get over it. I follow political trends closely and my predictions are based on my common sense. But you seem somewhat obsessed with my posts so carry on…

Predicting Super Tuesday is not a science and has little to do with the end result most of the time.

And no Bernie is not the answer.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Hey, Bill Gates had a live appearance on Facebook today about COVID-19…You know he predicted something like this would happen 5 years ago in a TED Talk. He’s getting my vote because of his prediction. Not even Cuomo could have done that!!

Have a great weekend ya’ll. Stay safe, wash hands…and now it seems, wear masks when going out.

I predict Monday will arrive in a couple of days.

Andrew
    Participant

Bill Gates isn’t great at predictions either – but he did get this one right. Gates famously failed to predict the rise of the internet in a memoir in the early 1990’s…and in 2004 famously predicted that spam email would be “solved” in two years.

It doesn’t take a genius to have predicted a pandemic, given that we’ve had them before. Then again, we’d be a lot better off I believe if Bill Gates not Donald Trump were president now – even if the US experienced the occasional Blue Screen of Death.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Of course, I was being facetious. But thanks for responding, Andrew. I appreciate your well thought insight. I was just using my sense of humor to do a little vent.

lastday
    Participant

I guess Cuomo is pretty much out of the running for anything except dog catcher now.

Comment: Using the board’s search function to find this thread yielded zero hits. Nothing comes up for “Cuomo”. I had to use Google search to find this thread:

“feedback.pdxradio.com:cuomo”

radiogeek
    Participant

I also was unable to use the search function on the forum itself the other day, simply returned no results no matter what I entered. Didn’t think of using Google instead.

Ed

Andrew
    Participant

Yeah, those people who insisted last spring that Andrew Cuomo would be sooooo much better a candidate than Biden sure look silly now!!!

paulwalker
    Participant

Politics are fluid. Yes, I was dead wrong on this a year ago. But, this was before Trump’s dreadful reaction to covid, and his dreadful incitement of the Capitol riots.

Btw, Cuomo seems to be taking the Clinton route with this whole scandal. Deny, deny, deny. It seemed to work for 42.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by paulwalker.
    Andrew
    Participant

Yes, Paul, exactly: politics are fluid. And that’s why it’s so silly to make confident predictions months in advance about how an election will turn out. You can’t possibly know how things will have changed months later.

But the idea from a year ago that Biden should drop out or that Cuomo should be nominated instead based on two weeks of positive news cycles seemed as nutty to me at the time as it does in retrospect, even without the sexual harassment allegations.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.