DOW 18,000??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant
    paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, I predicted this in a previous post within the past month. It is now almost a certainty, and those who got out of the stock market should be re-thinking that decision.

US stocks are still extremely valid, and profitable. While some think it is a bubble, the truth is the growth is continueing, and with the exception of a major calamity, will contine to grow. Real Estate? Some minor growth. Bonds? Some minor growth. Stocks? Yeah, baby.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Investors are forward looking. They seem to think more growth is ahead for the US economy.

paulwalker
    Participant

It is amazing to me how many of my younger cohorts want nothing to do with the stock market. I’m not sure they understand the fundamentals of how to grow wealth. This is a problem.

Langston
    Participant

18,000 Dow, record employment gain, umnemployment down, deficit down, gasoline prices down. If Romney had been elected and this happened on his watch, there would be those who would now say “see, we needed to get rid of Obama.”

duxrule
    Participant

Not that Herb or any of the other O’Haters will read this or give it any credence, but the numbers are quite clear; Barack Obama is light years from being the “WPE.”

The Obama Recovery Has Been Miles Better Than the Bush Recovery
    http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2014/12/obama-recovery-has-been-miles-better-bush-recovery

paulwalker
    Participant

A bit of a slide back today, but the overall trend is to the upside. I have a feeling that the retail, housing, and job trends will continue into the new year and things are looking very nice financially.

The only downside is weak, or no income gains for families. However, if more are working, then everyone wins. Including the Department of Treasury.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Day to day volatility doesn’t bother me. Even month to month volatility doesn’t bother me. When you are properly diversified, you win over the long term no matter what. People that react irrationally to market swings lose.

There is no question that the data shows trends of growth. All to the dismay of those that wrongly said Obama would wreck the economy. The Dow is close to 10,000 points higher than when he took office.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.