Donald Trump's "small" $1 million loan from Dad

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Donald Trump's "small" $1 million loan from Dad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

“It has not been easy for me. It has not been easy for me. I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars,” Trump remarked. “I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back, and I had to pay him back with interest. But I came into Manhattan and I started buying properties, and I did great.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/donald-trump-father-loan-1-million-dollars-215154#ixzz3phhX3vrR

For perspective, $1 million in 1971 is worth $5.8 million today. That’s not what most people would consider “small”.

missing_kskd
    Participant

But you must understand, “small” is a relative term! That’s pocket change to many Americans.

radiodork
    Spectator

Gotta love Trump,he is a great businessman and will make a great president.

Donald J Trump for president 2016!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

This will not end well. How could somebody be so out of touch with the American mainstream as to expect a remark like this to be taken seriously? Does Donald Trump have an autism spectrum disorder? (This is not a tongue-in-cheek question.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.