Dish & Direct viewers may lose Portland stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Dish & Direct viewers may lose Portland stations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Here we go again, but this time it is a biggie.. Nexstar and Dish back at a contract dispute, so KOIN & KKCW may be dropped in early December. Then Tegna and Direct is also having a dispute, so the end on November KGW may be gone. A friend in Seattle still does not have KIRO back on Dish as that dispute with Apollo continues. Time for viewers to put up an antenna so they will be done with these disputes. Here on the coast with the translators, we are thankful to have free OTA TV.

semoochie
    Participant

I think you meant to say, “KRCW”, not “K103”!

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I’ve had rabbit ears ever since Comcast took over from AT&T cable. I didn’t like their terms of service.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Yes, KRCW 32. Sorry for the typo.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I have no idea where these huge increase in fees are going, but it does not good. It seems cable has less disputes though. Satellite viewers may have to revert back to East/West networks, if possible. “Locals” may not be affordable for Dish or Direct in the not so distant future. People want their networks, especially with COVID. Dish/Direct will not raise the price of “Locals”. Well, they may have to or lose them.

boisebill
    Participant

I told Directv and ATandT literately to f-off 2 years ago.
    Enjoying the extra $1,800 a year for better quality video from streaming.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by boisebill.
    Borderblaster
    Participant

GOODEVENING HBO
    FROM CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT
    $12.95/MONTH ?
    NO WAY !
    [SHOWTIME/MOVIE CHANNEL BEWARE!]

April 27, 1986

fatb0y2011
    Participant

Not so sure there would really be any loss worth twisting one’s antenna over. The local television outlets are painful to watch and information from what they designate as local “news” is about as fresh as a set of KISN oldies at :45 past. Makes me wonder how much longer this model of operation will last.

boisebill
    Participant

Lots of speculation that AT&T bought DirecTV to kill it. That’s some very valuable spectrum the DirecTV uses.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Portland is not the only Dish market where this is going on. Thru a Facebook page I follow, I understand that WPHL 17 Philadelphia started running a “Dish viewers, you might be losing us soon” PSA over the Thanksgiving weekend. Stations are apparently being told that they have a Dec. 1 deadline to sign a new deal or be kicked off Dish. KGW’s Facebook page reported this morning that their deadline is 4pm PT tomorrow (12/1/2020).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.