Disgusting Scam E-mail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

Here is an excerpt from a scam e-mail I received this morning:

Hello Sir,

My name is Sgt. Maj. Daniel A. Dailey, an American soldier (USF-I) Serving in the military with the 1st Armored Division in Afghanistan. As you may know, we were frequently being attacked everyday by the Taliban insurgents, suicide and car bombers more frequently in recent years. During our operation combating the Taliban activities, we were able to Maneuver our way and deter them out of their hideout and discovered huge amount of cash in US dollars. The funds are allocations by the Unites States to Afghanistan for community development and re-construction purpose, but was eventually taken over by the Taliban. We recovered the money and secretly shared it among the officers that went for the operation. I got {10.000,000 million USD} as my share. I am contacting you independently to seek your hands in receiving the amount and investing it in a good business in your country.

The most amusing part of this e-mail is that the scammer claims that the money he has found cannot be invested in the US, yet he sends his message to a US-based e-mail address! He then goes on to claim that he can use “diplomatic immunity-cover with the United Nations” to smuggle the money out of Afghanistan, and that he has a diplomat who will help with the task.

“I go chop your Dollar!”

edselehr
    Participant

Yes, and I’m quite sure an American would refer to $10 million as “10.000,000 million USD”. Or should we read that as “ten million million” dollars? Or “Ten point zero zero zero zero zero zero million dollars”?

The saddest thing is that some schmuck will fall for this scam.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

“Yes, and I’m quite sure an American would refer to $10 million as “10.000,000 million USD”.”

Actually that much is plausible, if you’ve ever tried pounding out an E mail on anything with a touchscreen. te way alot of american’s write theese days. it dosn.te ven reqire a tough sceen,,,,,english i sa forieghn langage to even native english speaker’s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But no, you won’t get a disagreement from me about the rest of it. SPAMmer.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The excerpt I posted was about 1/3 the length of the entire e-mail. Typing this on a touch screen would have been quite a chore.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.