Dilbert Creator Switches to Endorsing Clinton

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Dilbert Creator Switches to Endorsing Clinton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Dilbert creator Scott Adams has had a change of heart regarding Trump and gives six reasons why. I’ve posted #5. You can see the entire article HERE.

5. Pacing and Leading: Trump always takes the extreme position on matters of safety and security for the country, even if those positions are unconstitutional, impractical, evil, or something that the military would refuse to do. Normal people see this as a dangerous situation. Trained persuaders like me see this as something called pacing and leading. Trump “paces” the public – meaning he matches them in their emotional state, and then some. He does that with his extreme responses on immigration, fighting ISIS, stop-and-frisk, etc. Once Trump has established himself as the biggest bad-ass on the topic, he is free to “lead,” which we see him do by softening his deportation stand, limiting his stop-and-frisk comment to Chicago, reversing his first answer on penalties for abortion, and so on. If you are not trained in persuasion, Trump look scary. If you understand pacing and leading, you might see him as the safest candidate who has ever gotten this close to the presidency. That’s how I see him.

So when Clinton supporters ask me how I could support a “fascist,” the answer is that he isn’t one. Clinton’s team, with the help of Godzilla, have effectively persuaded the public to see Trump as scary. The persuasion works because Trump’s “pacing” system is not obvious to the public. They see his “first offers” as evidence of evil. They are not. They are technique.

And being chummy with Putin is more likely to keep us safe, whether you find that distasteful or not. Clinton wants to insult Putin into doing what we want. That approach seems dangerous as hell to me.

edselehr
    Participant

What a mess, Bacon. From the thread title on. 🙂

Ask Dan to delete it, and try again.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Well that was like reading a cartoon that’s not based in reality.

Snoopy for President!!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Scott Adams’s article is much more eloquent than any of the pro-Trump arguments that I have read on this board. Nonetheless, that does not mean that I agree with them. For instance, if Trump is such a skilled “persuader,” as Adams claims, then why isn’t an overwhelming majority of the voting public on board with supporting Trump?

” For instance, if Trump is such a skilled “persuader,” as Adams claims, then why isn’t an overwhelming majority of the voting public on board with supporting Trump?”

The Democrats are against him. The liberal media is against him and working very hard for Hillary. Many establishment Republicans are against him. He’s fighting an uphill battle. Yet in spite of that, he’s managed to persuade enough people to be in a very close race with Hillary, so that’s quite an accomplishment.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Thinking people are against him. That includes a vast array of Republicans who have fervently come out against this reality side show powered by white grievance anger, and fear.

He’s a toad.

And you’re a lying, hypocritical, piece of shit.

Peas in a pod, really.

And I’m sure that Dilbert vote is going to be the tipping point.

I didn’t say the “Dilbert vote” would be a tipping point. It was interesting because he changed his mind about Hillary and supported his reasons for doing so.

Yeah, I know, anyone who doesn’t think and believe as you do is a really bad person.

But just for fun some time, see if you can make a post without being insulting, degrading, arrogant, or condescending. You might feel a lot better about yourself and it might help with those anger issues.

Andy Brown
    Participant

You’re a lying hypocritical piece of dung. How’s that?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Absolutely–anybody who is not a lagomorphic clone of me is simply deplorable!

Andy Brown
    Participant

bacon bloviates:

“Many establishment Republicans are against him.”

Not a single living President is for drumpf. Not only are many establishment Republicans against drumpf, many more are supporting him in party name only.

Vernon, you need to get your nose away from all the popular polls and look at the electoral struggle drumpf has to overcome. I don’t mean reading some GOP slanted article about it, do the damn work yourself. The chances are very slim that drumpf will even come close to an electoral victory. It’s that obvious.

Clinton won the first debate hands down. As a result, she is going to get a bump in the polls. What are you going to say then? Wait for a second debate? Do you really think drumpf is going to change his style, lose his red faced tics, brush up on foreign affairs or research some facts? Hell no. He’s going to go in same as last night and lose again. This isn’t two seasoned politicians, Vern, it’s one seasoned veteran and a clown masquerading as superman.

I do feel sorry for you, Vern. Had you simply planned to vote for drumpf and kept away from discussing it with a bunch of folks who are all smarter then you, more deft at political analysis then you, more understanding of probability and chance then you, more studied at history and political science then you and certainly more open minded then you, you wouldn’t have to keep defending drumpf’s slow and steady fall to the bottom.

It begins in a few days when the polls taken today and tomorrow come out.

“the liberal media is against him”

and the conservative media is for him. So what is your point? Again, ALL the media is owned and operated by conservative companies. There is no ‘liberal media’ and hasn’t been since the late 90’s. Constantly using that phrase when it is no longer accurate and relevant truly diminishes everything you write around it.

I suggest you step back and try again. You have some good sentences in your political offerings but it is being drowned out by the larger body of writing which is straight from your fairandbalanced playbook.

Come up to speed and you may find the responses rise up to match your effort.

You keep pointing out that the feedback to you on this board is rough, but you know it’s what you deserve when you write like a totally uninformed unresearched buffoon. Remember, research is not just looking up facts that support your personal premise. That just amplifies your own positions. Research is about magnifying the entire issue, digesting and understanding all sides to the issue. Try it sometime or suffer more criticism. If you do it right, people will have to respond to the facts instead of your slipshod attempt to perpetrate conservative spin and lies on us all.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

No anger, Pope Bacon.

Calling it like it is.

You are a world class asshole. You do have not earned and do not deserve any modicum of respect.

Amus
    Participant

Spent some time on Adam’s blog.

He seems a bit delusional to me.

“Adams successfully predicted that Trump would win the Republican nomination, and has predicted that he will win the general election in a huge landslide”

On last night’s debate, he also declared that Trump won, by losing.

“Note: I endorsed Hillary Clinton – for my personal safety – because I live in California. It isn’t safe to be viewed as a Trump supporter where I live. My politics don’t align with either candidate, but backing Clinton reduces my odds of dying at the hands of my fellow citizens. (And yes, I am 100% serious. It just happens to be funny by coincidence.)”

Adams goes on to say that writing about Donald Trump “ended my speaking career, and has already reduced my income by about 40%, as far as I can tell.

This doesn’t surprise me, but if this is the way he talks in his speaking career it’s likely that it’s because his delusional ranting is off-putting.

I can see why you like him.

“You are a world class asshole. You do have not earned and do not deserve any modicum of respect.”

I disagree. Nobody needs to “earn” basic respect. Nobody deserves to be degraded, harassed and bullied. But that’s what you do to those who don’t believe as you do. I suppose you can’t help yourself. You wouldn’t survive on a moderated message board or a place like Quora where there is a BN, BK rule (be nice, be kind), because you’re not capable. You use your (perceived) superior position not to inform but as an excuse to beat people up. But it’s not your victims who end up looking like a jerk. Remember the gas station sign: TO BELITTLE IS TO BE LITTLE. Think about it and take it to heart and you’ll be a better person for it.

“This doesn’t surprise me, but if this is the way he talks in his speaking career it’s likely that it’s because his delusional ranting is off-putting.

I can see why you like him.”

I don’t agree with everything he said, but he makes some good points, and once again he did originally support Clinton.

I didn’t say I like him.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

You don’t get to disagree if people think you’re an asshole.It doesn’t work that way.

“You’re an asshole”.

“No I’m not”.

“Oh sorry, my bad. I thought you were. My mistake”.

LOL @ U

And respect is entirely earned, you waste of skin. You once had the basic modicum of respect and decorum offered to anyone. And you, by virtue of your own words, have utterly lost it. You are a proven liar and a proven hypocrite. You have no interest at all in an informed, engaged, dialogue. You post nonsense. You cherry pick data. You distort information. You ignore the facts you don’t like. You engage in hyperbole, deception, and peddle disproven conspiracy theories and utterly debunked talking points you can be counted upon to always, without expectation, take even the most indefensible position simple as it’s the one that’s ostensibly “conservative”. Your factually unsupportable opinions are often relayed as fact with nauseating self-righteousness; and just as often in a manner that’s utterly offensive. You rarely answer direct questions. You are incapable of compromise, have no interest in nuance, and laughably demonize your political opponents for advocating for many policy positions that both the facts, not to mention what could commonly called “Christian” decency, would suggest you should rather support. You’re a faux civil, slightly less insane sounding, version of any of the internet trolls that infest the comments sections of such on-line cesspools as Breitbart or Info Wars; both of which are the patently insane bastion of the low information voters who delight in racism, bigotry, xenophobia, and the conspiracy theory fever swamp that defines both the “modern” Republican party and the vast majority of Donald Trump supporters.

In short, you’re a laughable dipshit. You earned it, pal.

Pro-tip: If you had any genuine interest in earning otherwise, a good start would be to cease being an asshole.

Andy Brown
    Participant

drumpf is a world class asshole. F&Bacon is merely an uninformed undereducated misogynistic xenophobic racist ignoramus just like most any typical far right conservative loser.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.