Did KWVT drop Portland transmitter?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Did KWVT drop Portland transmitter?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jbpdx 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jbpdx
    Participant

I’m getting channels 17 and 27 on 17.1 and 27.1 not .2. Their website no longer shows the .2 channels in their schedules. Did they deactivate the Portland transmitter and boost Salem or is it a quirk?

jr_tech
    Participant

The Portland transmitter is working just fine…Looks like they finally ditched the goofy numbering system that they used for the “virtual” channels in the Portland area.

Add: the sound seems to be better now and the program guide, KODT (which was missing for a while) on 17-3 is back).
    Add: This guide is *still* showing the 17.2, 27.2 and 37.2 sub-channels.

msndrspdx
    Participant

ComcastPortland, to my surprise, started running KWVT on Ch. 3318, right next to sister station KOWC (Azteca), which runs on Ch. 317. They’re currently ID’ing the channel on the onscreen guide as KWPC2, not KWVT. Comcast is airing both channels in full 16:9 HD, but some programs and commercials on KWVT run in leterboxed 4:3. The channel carries KWVT and YouToo America logos on air. An old B&W episode of “The Adventures of Robin Hood” which was originally shot on film ran in 16:9 and looked great, considering the fact that the show dates from the late 1950’s! There was no advance warning of Comcast’s decision to add KWVT, something the station management has been fighting for for the last 8 or 9 years. This leaves KSLM (Retro TV) as the only one of these locally owned stations not to be running on Comcast. The KWVT, KSLM, and KPWC websites look like they haven’t been updated in awhile, though.
    Best, Mike πŸ˜‰

msndrspdx
    Participant

That’s 318. Can’t see top 2 or 3 lines I’m typing with my iPad. Best, Mike πŸ˜‰

semoochie
    Participant

In a related development, KPXG-LD channel 42 is selling to a religious concern. I don’t have the specifics because CDBS hasn’t printed them yet.

Stephen
    Participant

Daystar it appears. Would have been so nice for it to be something different…

Jbpdx
    Participant

For 46: Movies! or Cozi or both. Would be nice to have an OTA news/weather channel though. (Boise has NWCN OTA.)

Very odd KPDX hasn’t added any subchannels.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“KPXG-LD channel 42 is selling to a religious concern. I don’t have the specifics because CDBS hasn’t printed them yet.”

Nothing has been filed “officially” that has been “accepted for filing” or it would be here:

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=69792

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

It isn’t completely odd that KPDX hasn’t added any subchannels, KPTV hasn’t either. The reason for that could be that both of their digital signals are carried combined on single translators in many areas, Salem and Cottage Grove as two examples. In Salem, they are both on actual channel 50, with their normal 12-1 and 49-1 virtual channels. In Cottage Grove, they are on actual channel 44, with the same virtual channels. Both digital signals are in 720p, leaving not much room for anything else.

semoochie
    Participant

Andy, I pulled this from “Broadcast Applications 12/30/14: “DIGITAL TRANSLATOR OR DIGITAL LPTV APPLICATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE ACCEPTED FOR FILING
    KPXG-LD 69792 ION MEDIA LICENSE COMPANY,
    LLC
    OR
    OR , PORTLAND
    BALDTL-20141223ABA
    E CHAN-42
    Voluntary Assignment of License
    To: WORD OF GOD FELLOWSHIP, INC.
    Form 345” I looked for it in CDBS, didn’t find anything and made my previous post.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Comcast has now changed KWVt’s ID on their program guide to KWT2. It should be just KWVT. Don’t know why insist on the “2”. They are getting program schedules for the station right, though.

Best, Mike πŸ˜‰

msndrspdx
    Participant

KVT2.

best, Mike πŸ™‚

msndrspdx
    Participant

MWVT2.

Best, Mike πŸ˜‰

msndrspdx
    Participant

Try this again! KWVT2.

Best, Mike πŸ˜‰

kwvtsalem
    Participant

Well you are correct KWVT is now on Comcast we reallly do not know the chnage in heart but we will take it.

Yes we dropped the changed all RF channels VC to dot one i.e 17.1 27.1 and 37.1. The reason we did the dot 2 was a potential problem with SOny TV at least that in the overlap area between RF channel 49 and RF channel 27 these TVs will resort to the RF channel for channel 49 so you get 49.3, 49,4 and 49.5 since the Sony will NOT allow two of the same VC. We tested with KDOT and found it was not a problem. So to avaoid confusion which TV guides and rating sevices as well as biwers we wnt bacj to our orginal plan and all channels are the same no matter where you see them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.