Democrats win in KY and VA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Vitalogy
    Participant

Big night for Trump. Not!

In KY where Trump won by something like 30 points in 2016, they just fired their GOP incumbent in favor of a Democrat.

Moscow Mitch should take note.

And in VA it appears Dems will win both the House and Senate, both controlled by the GOP with their gerrymandered districts.

Andrew
    Participant

The win in Kentucky is nice – a finger in the eye of Trump for sure – but I’m not sure what it means for 2020 if anything. Bevin was not popular, and Kentucky, like other red states, has a recent history of Democratic governors even though they rarely elect Democrats to the Senate. The last Democratic governor was in office just four years ago – Andy Beshear’s father.

The win in VA is much more significant and a long time in coming. VA hasn’t had full Democratic control in decades. They might be in office long enough to control redistricting after the 2020 Census – not sure…

Andy Brown
    Participant

Here’s the thing. I can honestly say that unlike most of the last three years, I look forward to each days news coming out of Washington, D.C.

The drumpftanic has hit an iceberg and she’s going down. Right now the ship is taking on a lot of water and beginning to list to port. How much to port she ends up at before sinking is the question.

Trumptanic Hits Ukrainian Berg

Donald Trump’s Titanic hits its iceberg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.