Deep Throat – the sequel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bookemdono
    Participant

Not the movie version, but the Watergate version. Seems a White House insider has some info to share about the innerworkings of the dysfunctional president, and it’s not a pretty picture. Not sure whether to be glad someone from the inside (if authentic) is speaking out, or be pissed that if it is as this person writes, and the staff really is watching out for the country, then writing op-eds do not go far enough to protect this country from the idiot-in-chief.

Andrew
    Participant

Maybe Trump himself wrote it?

In any event, the “real Deep Throat, Mark Felt of the FBI, was a staunch Nixon supporter who leaked (not always truthfully) to Bob Woodward and other journalists to try to discredit acting director L. Patrick Gray, so Felt would get appointed FBI director instead of Gray. Didn’t work out so well for Felt, though…

lastday
    Participant

Don’t believe anything you see, read, or hear!

Crazytown indeed.

bookemdono
    Participant

Could be a distraction to take the attention off Kavanaugh hearings. Would hate to have people focus on the questions he’s not answering.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Makes for intriguing speculation.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Sorry Herb. I told you so. The good guys found the ruby slippers, and the witch hunt is just about over.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant
    missing_kskd
    Participant

Could be Pence, or someone wanting to false flag Pence.

Pence, by the way, is a competent evil overlord. Our current one is incompetent.

Better? Worse? Who the fuck knows?

lastday
    Participant

Lodestar!

Now there’s a word you don’t hear used every day.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45431300

Defined as a “star that leads or guides”, does the word “lodestar” in the anonymously written op-ed attributed to a senior Trump official itself help reveal the writer’s identity?

Some suggest the outlandish theory that it could be Vice-President Mike Pence, because he has used the word – otherwise rarely heard – with some regularity. Others argue that the word might be a ploy to divert attention from the real author.

Mr Pence’s office has denied the suggestion, with his director of communications Jarrod Agen saying “our office is above such amateur acts” and that the New York Times “should be ashamed”.

edselehr
    Participant

Pence makes a lot of sense.

First, Pence is a lot more politically devious than he presents himself to be. His fervent denial might just be a diversion.

Second, he is the one person in the White House that Trump can’t fire.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

I cannot lie. I wrote the “memo”. I need the money.

missing_kskd
    Participant

He does make a lot of sense.

I would put some money on Pence, but I would also hedge.

False flagging is chronic at this point. There is a very solid chance that is happening too.

Pence got elevated by an idiot. He’s been ultra careful to keep most of the carnage off himself. There are very clear reasons for that, and that guy SO wants to be President. He got stuck with a couple things, like the Space Farce, but largely has done well. Should he continue, Trump will be one of the best things to have happened to him.

He’s having authoritarianism orgasms just thinking about it.

But, there are factions, and Trump has both pissed them off, and tainted various games. Who knows? Others may well want to make a move, and they may well not like Pence all that much.

He’s not that well liked AT ALL.

Thus, the hedge.

semoochie
    Participant

Mike Pence, Mike Pompeo and Dan Coats all denied writing the op-ed, so they must all be in it together! Otherwise, why would they even bring it up?

lastday
    Participant

My money is on Kellyanne Conway! Her husband hates Trump. 🙂

semoochie
    Participant

My information was old. By the end of the day, the list had grown to 27 people. Now, there’s a different list of 12. It’ll be interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.