December Ratings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Lander
    Participant

Did anybody see them?

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes. KKCW # 1. 11.4. Wolf #2.

Dxer1969
    Participant

In case anyone needs to know. OPB came in 3rd. 6.0 Wolf #2 7.2. Biggest dropper, KGON from 4 to 3. Biggest AM? KEX still. Should be KPAM but they no longer subscribe. They are like how KEX used to be. KPAM playing Xmas too. Like KEX used too. Now just some blowhard on. Yuck! Man they suck! Cept for Castner and Noory.

semoochie
    Participant

KPAM was hanging around a half share when Arbitron decided to only publish subscribers numbers to the general public. There’s no reason to believe that’s increased significantly. I don’t remember seeing KGON this low before but it could just be a fluke.

Dxer1969
    Participant

No fluke , my friend. They have fallen. Don’t know for sure. Could be the demographic. They haven’t changed since 94. Could be folks have changed with the times! And classic rock isn’t as relevant as it used to be. Yeah, I know. It it sux. Just sayin’

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Te: KEX being the #1 AM station —

Jesus F-ing Christ! Is Portland full of digiterati who are above listening to AM radio?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

About the above post–I’ve had too much fermented carrot juice! Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and happy New Year, everyone.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Understood, Alfredo! We,’ve all been there. Yes. KEX used to be good. But not so much anymore. Had Xmas cheer myself. Good night. Merry Xmas. And maybe post tomorrow.

Lander
    Participant

I would sure be interested to know how KPAM does. I think that Terry Boyd’s World is a good show. I’m also curious to find out how the battle between Z100 and Live 955, turns out.

jr_tech
    Participant
    W7PAT
    Participant

Can anyone break it down in to age groups?

Dxer1969
    Participant

@W7PAT. I honestly do not know how that works these days. K 103? No surprise there. The Wolf? Think they have listeners in most age groups, plus an excellent live and local morning show which truly helped them!
    Now, the war between KBFF, Z 100, and KXJM? Think it boils down to live and local. Z 100 has John Jay & Rich & Seacrest on. KBFF is live. Both are mainstream Top 40’s. KXJM plays more older and the current R & B tunes.
    Think KBFF is more recognized as a true Top 40 now. Took awhile, but in my humble opinion, they are “established” now. Word of mouth, less obnoxious music, or middle of the road music has helped their situation.

KUPL? Think their morning shows have actually hurt them.
    Midday host Danny Dwyer and afternoon talent B Dub is who are “carrying” the Bull.

semoochie
    Participant

I find that KBFF tends to be more rhythmic in their gold and recurrent categories than Z100. KXJM doesn’t compete with Z100. They complement them.

Dxer1969
    Participant

As a business move, KBFF made the right decision there. That is what the younger folks prefer to listen to these days. The move obviously paid off for them!

Dxer1969
    Participant

In my opinion, K103’s morning show isn’t the same either! Not as structured as before. Think after 830am, they aren’t live. Why is that! #1 Morning show. And IH skimps on the last half hour? Cheapstake MF’ers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.