Darren Wilson resigns (more like given the option to)

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Darren Wilson resigns (more like given the option to)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jerry1949
    Spectator

I’ll happily discuss abortion and the difference between killing a helpless fetus and killing an aggressor in self defense if you like. Start another thread about it.

Vitalogy
    Participant

There’s not a need to start another thread. You (and your pathetic ilk) have proven time and time again that AT BEST, you’re selectively pro-life. I call it not really pro-life. Better yet, I call it hypocrisy at the highest level.

As for self defense, remember, the cop was armed and Michael Brown was unarmed.

The only defense we heard was from the cop, who was armed, and lived. The other party didn’t get to testify.

edselehr
    Participant

The police are there to enforce the law and arrest/detain those suspected of breaking the law. The police officer should only draw his gun if he feels he or someone is in imminent danger, and should only discharge it if he feels that killing someone is the only way to stop death or harm to himself or someone else.

The police are NOT there to determine guilt and mete out punishment for perceived crimes. This is why I’m always confused when people use the crime he committed just before the incident as any kind of justification for the shooting. The only – ONLY – reason for Michael Brown to have been shot is if he was endangering the police officer’s life and killing Michael Brown was the only way to stop it. The robbery he committed has nothing to do with anything, except that it might have been the reason the interaction was initiated.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Teh ignoracne runs strong…

Alleged felon. Instead of actually convicting him, an officer rendered judgement with a gun.

Yes, police have the right to ask people to do things.

The authoritarian doctrine says to escalate force for compliance.

The older protect and serve doctrine would not consider mere non compliance a justification for deadly force.

People are not required to obey unlawful requests. I won my court case on that, not complying with an unlawful request. I just got beat up out of anger, today, I could be shot for that very same incident.

When my black son is involved with police, here in Portland, the overall risk and tone of the event varies considerably from what my white one experiences.

Broadway
    Participant

>>The only – ONLY – reason for Michael Brown to have been shot is if he was endangering the police officer’s life
    …and that’s what Police officers are trained to do…to kill the person endangering them…say self defense.

duxrule
    Participant

“The only – ONLY – reason for Michael Brown to have been shot is if he was endangering the police officer’s life”

According to whom?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Lots of shots fired at somebody 140 feet away? Brown died about that distance from the officer.

There is a strong case for the shooting to be one of anger, not self-defense.

We are very highly likely to see about that in civil court.

Broadway
    Participant

Notes from a Facebook friend….

Truth is important. Really important.

If this guy is telling the truth then thousands of people around the nation are using this horrible situation as an excuse to take their hearts hate and anti government anger out on many good people. If this guy is lieing then so much destruction and anger is being caused to innocent people because of the hate and distrust it brought out of people hearts.

I am very thankful that someday a Just, Mericful, Dangerous and Loving God who knows all will bring Justice to all, knowing the truth about people’s hearts, motivations and who has wronged and who has been wronged, also showing mercy and grace to anyone who puts their faith and trust in Jesus Christs as Lord and Savior.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.