Darren Wilson resigns (more like given the option to)

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Darren Wilson resigns (more like given the option to)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Vitalogy
    Participant

Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, resigned from the Ferguson Police Department Saturday because he was told of “credible threats” to the department and officers — and the city has now “severed ties” with him.

Wilson’s attorney, Neil Bruntrager, told NBC News that Wilson submitted his resignation “two minutes after” Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson told him of the threats.

“The chief thought that if he resigned it would alleviate those threats,” Bruntrager said, and “that was all [Wilson] needed to hear.”

Wilson doesn’t expect to continue policing anywhere in the “immediate future,” Bruntrager said. In the wake of Brown’s death, and the tumultuous fallout, Wilson “doesn’t have a plan,” Bruntrager said, adding he will have to make one soon because “he has no income.” Bruntrager said Wilson has no plans to leave the country.

Later on Sunday, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles said Wilson will not receive a severance package or any benefits as part of his resignation from the police force. “We have now severed ties with Officer Darren Wilson,” Knowles said, adding that he realizes the change will probably not bring immediate calm to the city.

Crump said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” that the family was not surprised that Wilson resigned because “he would not have been very effective for the Ferguson Police Department.” Crump called Wilson “cold as ice,” and said officers like him do not belong on the police force, but stressed what the family really wanted was “to have the killer of their unarmed son held accountable.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/darren-wilson-resigned-because-credible-threats-lawyer-n258516

jerry1949
    Spectator

His family should take a look in the mirror and see what they’ve done. They destroyed Michael Brown and forced a situation that has also ruined the life of a cop. They’ll play the victim and will probably be well rewarded for it, but they’re the ones most culpable–not a cop doing his job.

missing_kskd
    Participant

If he was just doing the job, this discussion would be much better than it is now.

Vitalogy
    Participant

What a jerk you are F&B. Read you own words:

“His family should take a look in the mirror and see what they’ve done. They destroyed Michael Brown and forced a situation that has also ruined the life of a cop. They’ll play the victim and will probably be well rewarded for it, but they’re the ones most culpable–not a cop doing his job.”

Maybe YOU should take a look in the mirror and remind yourself that an unarmed kid was killed and his family are grieving.

When an unarmed kid is killed by the cops, they aren’t doing their jobs to “protect and serve.”

Broadway
    Participant

>>When an unarmed kid is killed by the cops
    Kill or be killed…what part of the concept of “defending one’s self” don’t you understand…and the forensics back it up. Just obey a Peace Officer’s commands and you’ll live.

stevethedj
    Participant

First, Michael brown was a criminal who had just done a strong arm robbery, and then attacked the police. he got what he deserved. Deal with it. Officer Wilson was just doing his job. Deal with it. The fact that he was black is inmaterial. Officer Wilson should move to some nice town in Idaho, where they would appreciate his services.

edselehr
    Participant

o god stevethedj is back

missing_kskd
    Participant

Vitalogy
    Participant

Shoplifting is NOT strong arm robbery.

But I guess when a big nigger like Michael Brown lifts some Swisher Sweets, that requires the death penalty?

Oh wait, he was jaywalking. But it was a good enough reason for Officer Wilson to go fishing, after all, a big nigger like Michael Brown is obviously up to no good. At least in the minds of white priviledged guys like Wilson.

Michael Brown was UNARMED. Remember, the cop’s story is HIS story. And it’s all to convenient if you ask me. My initial question which nobody has bothered to address, is this: Who initiated the confrontation? Clearly the PIG did. He started a fight and ended it with a bullet. Where have we seen this before??

jerry1949
    Spectator

I hated when I got pulled over for speeding last year, especially since I rarely speed and like to take my time, but I kept my hands on the steering wheel and didn’t attempt to steal the copy’s gun and I didn’t hit him. If I had tried those things, unarmed though I was, I could have been killed and nobody would have thought it was unreasonable.

The unarmed felon in this case intended to arm himself and/or harm the officer. What’s not to understand? Duh…

His mother stole money from someone else making money with Michael Brown merchandise. The step father is an ex-con who helped fan the riot flames and said “burn this bitch down.” Some parents. They should be ashamed because they were obviously bad parents who raised a bully, but it’s likely they’ll instead exploit this tragedy and get rich because of it.

stevethedj
    Participant

There was a video of brown in the store strong arming the cleark. So it is not alleged. it is a fact. If you disobey orders of the police, you do so at your own risk. If you disagree, obay the cops and sue later. I find it ironic that the “liberals” use the n-word. What jerks.

Broadway
    Participant

This is sad…
    Michael Brown’s Pastor Experiences the Wrath of Ferguson When His Own Church is Burnt Down
    http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/209382-3-ferguson-pastor/

Vitalogy
    Participant

I just LOVE how all the pro-lifers come out to support life.

There is no better example of your hypocrisy.

#notreallyprolife

jerry1949
    Spectator

A cop has the right to tell people to not walk in the street as well as to detain a suspected thief. Confrontation is necessary sometimes. One time my son and I were stopped on the street by a cop because it was late at night and we seemed suspicious at the time. I was a little angry about it, but it never occurred to me to go after the officer’s gun. We had our discussion and moved along.

It was a little different with brown since he was caught stealing. He should have surrendered. That’s what crooks are supposed to do when detained by a cop and that’s what the officer should have done. He’s not paid to let them walk away. The confrontation was proper. Hitting the cop and reaching for his gun obviously was not (to anyone with half a brain).

stevethedj
    Participant

Oh and V- I see blacks caught shoplifting every day where I work in gameing. (Albertsons). What do your precious blacks do. They cop an attitude when caught on camara stealing. Mabey they should pull up their pants and get a job. And pay for what they want. Like the rest of us.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.