Dan & Nigel Canned by Rip City Radio 620

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Dan & Nigel Canned by Rip City Radio 620

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JBM
    Participant

I was wondering why Travis Demers has been hosting Rip City Mornings this week… now I know why!

Dan Sheldon & Nigel Burton Out At Rip City Radio 620

DanOregon
    Participant

I realize Demers isn’t travelling with the Blazers this season and it’s only a stop/gap, but that’s a brutal turnaround after a night game on the west coast.

Not surprised a local morning drive show didn’t work – I don’t think PDX has ever had a successful morning sports show. A better plan would be to make it more of a “casual sports” show, minimal politics, pop culture, sports and news.

Do regular chats with local PDX people from the news stations, non-profits looking for some pub, a local comedian or three. If anything, less Blazers would probably be better.

DanOregon
    Participant

Kind of stunned RCR hasn’t done ANYTHING with the morning show after six months. I realize they can’t use Patrick’s show because KXL has the rights, but dang to just have a TBA host after six months is a real bad look for the Blazers flagship. Hire Jordan Kent, Mike Barrett, anyone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.