Crazy Road Raging Aggressive Drivers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dxer1969
    Participant

You ever notice that even when it is raining hard, These moronic bastards still pass you like you are standing still at what? 65 Mph? 70 Mph? Damn! What crazy ass idiots! And you ever notice? As soon as you make it into Wa everything is a OK? While in OR it is gridlocked! And that is coming in. Or going out. Why is Portland such a shitty place to drive these days?

Dxer1969
    Participant

More to add. Just got back from a combo BDay/Xmas trip with some Fam & 1 friend. Yeah, been gone for 3 days. But on the way back to Camas. What aggressive and almost psychotic driving I experienced. What the hell? What are these bastards on? And why so many of them? Don’t these bastards work? Are these moronic idiots just out for the hell of it? You tell me. I am at a loss here.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Surprised that no one had a road rage incident or an ugly driver story to share. Thought this would be a hot topic for sure! I am here to liven up the forum. Christmas parties? I understand. Had mine on 12/15 and 12/16 and on 12/17. Was gone for a bit. But yeah, this SAT, a huge party day. Even for me! Roommates wanted to celebrate. So, I understand! Share your stories. Even my roommates would like to know. They are much younger. For them, it is for shits and giggles. For me, I’d just like to hear from you all. And reply back. Dynamically, just for fun!

missing_kskd
    Participant

I’ve not encountered much road rage at all lately.

When I do, it’s nearly always Beaverton.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Ah yes! Beaverton. Type A, Aggressive, jerk central! Lived there for 6 months in 88. Hated it too. Avoid B town and downtown like the plague!

Amus
    Participant

I don’t have any real road rage episodes to relate.
    For the past 10 years I’ve worked from home and thankfully stay out of the commute.

There was the time during the 2004 election cycle, we had a Kerry/Edwards sticker on the car and a guy in a pick-up tried to run my wife off the road (I-5).

I’m pretty sure he was pro-life.

skeptical
    Participant

The weather certainly has put a damper on road rage. Also the use of cell phone cameras . . .

Broadway
    Participant

Saw my first and only incident on I-5 years ago/about 1998 in Seattle on the way to take my daughter to scout out SPU. It was jam packed 8 lane north bound drive time traffic and a car was wanting to get into the far left fast lane and a series of cars would not let him in…I was about 2-3 cars back to see the whole incident when all the jostling produced a fender bender and the far left lane stopped and the car that wanted the lane change made it just in front of the collided car…what I saw as I pasted it all was a man getting out of his car hands raised mad as heck walking back to the car that hit him…couldn’t see more…listened to local traffic reports after that…no reports!

paulwalker
    Participant

Portland is not alone with this, but I too have seen it calm down quite a bit over the years. Perhaps, some are realizing it isn’t worth the trouble.

However, it still exists, and seems to be still common among younger drivers. For example, I was in Tacoma’s University Place a couple months ago and was driving the speed limit on a two-lane curved road inside a major suburban district. (For those who know the area, it was Cirque). Only to be passed across a double-yellow by a Honda Civic who apparently didn’t like the 40 MPH limit. Very dangerous, but thankfully, nobody got in their way. Hmm. Honda Civic. Probably not your mother, father, grandmother or grandfather. Am I making some assumptions here? Damn right I am.

Dxer1969
    Participant

The typical aggressive jerks drive: Pickup trucks. 2. Smaller older model Hondas or VWs and the like. 3. Large SUV’s.

Worked in transportation for 36 years. See it all the time. And all the drivers who I have known during that time, say much the same thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.