KPTV adding Cozi, Laff

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 183 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)
  • Author

yahmit
    Participant

Just did a scan and no new channels yet. Wonder when it will happen.

mwdxer1
    Participant

All of the channels COZI, Escape, and Laff are all FTA on my big dish. As of 12:30 PM, Laff TV is on the air.They must have come on sometime over night. They were running promo’s. But they are on, so I am hoping KPTV gets them on soon.

mwdxer1
    Participant

At 4:00 PM. I did another scan out here on the coast. Still nothing, even though the channel (Laff) is on the air with programming. I wonder if KPTV had some issue?

jr_tech
    Participant

I did a scan about 4:15 and thought I had something because I came up with 39 channels, but alas, the extra channel was just ch 26, a very weak religious station transmitting from Mt. Scott that usually does not show up in scans on my regular antenna system. 🙁

What bird are you finding the 3 stations on?

mwdxer1
    Participant

G19 C Band. Escape, Grit, Laff, Justice, are all there.
    Just did another scan at 6:55 PM and still nothing.
    The scan out here goes, to ch 17 (8.1, 8.2.,8.3), then to 21 (12.1 and 49.1), then to 23 (10.1, 10.2, 10.3), then 26 (2-KATU in analog), and last 34 (6.1). Giving us 10 OTA channels for now. If we will get the new channels 12.1/12.2/12.3, they should pop in at 21.1(KPTV), 21.2 (KPDX), 21.3 Cozi, 21.4 Laff, I would guess. I don’t know how the pq will be as 21.1 KPTV and 21.2 KPDX are running 720p HD. It will be interesting, if we get them. By theory we should as it it still the digital signals.

yahmit
    Participant

Just rescanned in Salem. Nothing yet. Not getting G 19C Band, Laff, Grit or Escape. Must be out of range for those signals.

washnotore
    Participant

LAFF, the comedy network from the team of ABC and Scripps is set to launch nationally this April 15. The network has about 30 affiliates lined up, but our Portland Meredith KPTV-12 hasn’t turned on there diginet channels yet. Same goes for Cozi TV and Escpae TV on KPDX-49. LAFF is already on the air in Seattle on Cox KIRO-TV 7.3 channel.

May 26 is the national launch date for the new CBS Decades network, our local affiliate might be Media General KOIN-06. but again, no local Portland affiliate has been mentionewd. Another 2015 diginet launch is on the horizon for Fox Buzzr, a game show network. Yet again, no local affiliate has surfaced.

mwdxer1
    Participant

What kind of DVB receiver do you have? Of course the signal is digital, and it probably is in MPEG4. I have both the Pansat 9000 and Pansat 9500. They both get the HD signals.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Decades is also FTA on SES 1 along with Heroes & Icons, and METV. It is nice to have the services OTA though.

mwdxer1
    Participant

One advantage KIRO has over KPTV is they were already set up to run sub channels as they had them early on. This is the first run at sub channels for KPTV/KPDX, so there might be a bit of a learning curve.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I read that the CBS O&O stations were the first to run Decades. After the service gets going in late May, then the opportunity is there to bring in more stations. I think that is why, KOIN said that they would not be talking about a sub channel until after May. CBS would like Decades is all markets with a CBS station. I do not know if they will get that, but hopefully it will be in most markets. Their lineup of shows is along the same line of METV, Antenna TV, etc.

paulwalker
    Participant

It is interesting how the different cable companies address some channels. When I lived in Idaho, Cable One got rid of MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, and others. However, they did offer Sundance and IFC.

Now that I live in Charter Cable territory, I notice that they still offer the MTV/VH1 pack, but don’t offer Sundance and IFC. However, they do run a subpack on expanded service of Encore’s Retroplex, and Indiplex. So it is a dime here and a dime there I guess. Charter appears to be in an up and comer, with splashy tv ads and an attitude of we will take on the cable industry. Just my thoughts.

jr_tech
    Participant

All that I am seeing on G-19 (97 degrees W, the old T-5 position) C band is BYU TV Global and Walk TV… I am using an old Pansat 2800A. It does not do HD… is that the problem?

mwdxer1
    Participant

That is probably the issue. So much of what is up there on the birds now are in MPEG4 and S2 even if not in HD. That is why I finally bought the Pansat receivers. The HD was a second reason. I wanted access to what was offered FTA. Plus the AC3 and other formats of audio.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I have Charter for internet and phone, but not for TV. I have Dish. They have all of that, MTV, VH1, Sundance, IFC, etc. Charter is always trying to get me to buy their TV service, but Dish or Direct beats them. I have been with Dish since 1999. I have been trying to get Dish to carry the sub channels. At least the more popular ones, but so far little luck. Lesea BC (FETV) does share time with Cozi, but only about 1/2 time. I would love to have Antenna TV out here, but according to the engineer at 32, Tribune is not big on translators. Fortunately, we do have 6 Portland stations OTA out here (2,6,8,10,12 & 49).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.