KPTV adding Cozi, Laff

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 183 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Jbpdx
    Participant

KPTV-12 is adding Cozi-TV and the new Laff network.

shipwreck
    Participant

As sub-channels?

Jbpdx
    Participant

Cozi 12.2, Laff 12.3 on 15 April

msndrspdx
    Participant

Tax day, natch. Wonder if Comcast will carry them?

Best, Mike 😉

mwdxer1
    Participant

Living near Astoria on the Oregon Coast, we have KPTV/KPDX out here on Ch 21.1 & 21.2. Meredith switched over from analog to digital and brought out both signals to the translator and then set them up. Even though they are both on 21, they still scan in as 12.1 and 49.1. Both run 720p HD. I wonder adding the three sub channels, 12.2 Cozi 12.3 Laff and 49.2 Escape, I wonder how that will work here? I presume we will get them, but what kind of pq will be get as the translator is split? Things have really improved out here for TV. For years we only had 3 OTA analog stations, 2 (26), 6 (34), and 49 (21). Later 49 was switched to 12. Then a few years ago, KGW (17) and KOPB (23) were added. Then little by little all but one went digital. KATU 2 is to switch this Summer. We right now have 10 OTA signals, but that will be increasing soon. Then if KOIN adds Decades, that will give us 16 signals. UHF antennas are popping up more and more around here. 32 doesn’t have a translator out here and it is doubtful we will get them anytime soon. But still with 6 main Portland stations and sub channels, it is great!

mwdxer1
    Participant

I tried scanning today just to see if KPTV/KPDX tuned on any sub’s earlier. I have no idea when they may start to get things set up for the 15th, but nothing noted out here on the coast as yet.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Any idea when Meredith (KPTV), will start testing their new sub channels? I presume they will test them before the 15th to make sure they are operating correctly. Also to advertise to the viewer to that the new subs are coming. How did other Portland stations handle it, like 2, 8, etc?

Broadway
    Participant

Who would’a thunk it…OTA making a comeback…let’s do this.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Also Escape is supposed to be on KPDX 49.2

jr_tech
    Participant

Just did a scan…nothing yet. Seems like we should be seeing some color bars or preview stuff soon.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I also did a scan out here on the coast. Nothing here. I figure probably by Monday, but should start to see something. I am wondering what kind of picture we will get out here, since KPTV is on 21.1 (12.1) and KPDX is on 21.2 (49.1).

Patrick

mwdxer1
    Participant

So far nothing new on 12 or 49 on a scan out here South of Astoria. I read a post on another site that KOIN has sub channels already. Is that true? Out here we only get a 6.1 (34) on a scan. I always thought in digital, we get what the main station gets. Is there a 6.2 or 6.3 from KOIN? If that is the case, I am wondering if we will get COZI/Laff/Escape OTA out here? Now we do get all of the subs from 8 & 10, but when the translators were switched from analog to digital, those sub channels were already there. Anyone have any thoughts? I figure once KATU switches to digital this Summer, they already have the sub channels, so those will be added. I guess on the 15th I will find out. At the time we got 12/49 on 21.1/21.2, they had no plans for translators. But things do change. Now the signal comes from the Portland to a mountain North of Greys River WA, and then over to Megler Mountain. It is digital all of the way.

mwdxer1
    Participant

It is 12:40 PM 4/14. I just did a scan out here on the coast. Still nothing new on 12/49. Anything showing up in Portland?

jr_tech
    Participant

Nope! Just the usual 38 channels.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks. Tomorrow is the day. But I am surprised they have not turned the sub channels on as yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.