Covid 19 takes a back seat

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    radiogeek
    Participant

Wow, you must be lots of fun to be around at parties.

Nope. Good thing I don’t like parties.

Better make sure your insurance is paid up and you’re ready to deal with the (potentially lethal) backlash if you actually choose to go that route.

Wow. Was that a threat?

I’ve been on this earth long enough I no longer care to edit direct talk, and I’ve learned not confronting bullies is always the wrong choice. I’m not impressed. If some 2nd amendment nut can’t keep their gun in their pants then they can go to jail no matter what happens to me.

My sister suggested I might get further with a line like … Do you go shirtless and shoeless into a restaurant and expect service because that’s your “freedom”?

I was thinking a middle ground would be to ask someone if they would go out in public without any pants. That’s not legal, it’s not your freedom or personal choice. Having no pants is indecent exposure, and having your face uncovered is viral exposure.

Ed. That’s my name btw

edselehr
    Participant

Saw a great line recently: “I don’t like wearing pants, I’m more comfortable without them, but I still wear pants in public. Not for me, but for everyone else.”

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I’ve been on this earth long enough I no longer care to edit direct talk, and I’ve learned not confronting bullies is always the wrong choice. I’m not impressed. If some 2nd amendment nut can’t keep their gun in their pants then they can go to jail no matter what happens to me.

Well, if an ornery, holier-than-thou prick is the kind of person you aspire to be then I guess you have bigger issues than you’re letting on. (Wouldn’t be the first one on this site probably won’t be the last.) From your posting history as of late you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger you’re keeping bottled up.

Take care, and think about getting into some therapy.

radiogeek
    Participant

NoSignal

Perhaps my posts were over the top. But I’ve learned it’s a lot better to say it as it is then keep it bottled up and let things slide. I’ve learned it’s better to upset a few people than to be silent, especially when the stakes are so high.

Thanks for your concern.

Ed

Alfredo_T
    Participant

In a recent vacation trip through Eastern Oregon and into parts of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming, I noted that the general public was not diligent about wearing masks. I suspect that in these lower population density areas, attitudes toward COVID are more complacent. Employees of various types of businesses wore masks where required by law or by their management.

I am not trying to be confrontational, but there is one issue that I cannot wrap my mind around with regard to the mask-wearing–why is it such a big deal? I think that the best analogy is that of wearing a seat belt. 40 years ago, there were people who were very stubborn in refusing to wear seat belts. They often complained that the seatbelts would wrinkle their clothes, that they felt confining, or–ironically–that they might make it difficult to exit the vehicle in case of an accident.

lastday
    Participant

Some people just don’t like to be told they have to do something when there’s no immediate visible threat.

When I stand at the seashore and look out over the water, I don’t see any fish. Therefore there are no fish.

semoochie
    Participant

If you don’t wear a seat belt, it doesn’t affect thousands of people! You wear a mask to protect others, if you have the disease, since there’s no way to know you have it, without testing.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.