Could PSU be the best college team in OR?

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Could PSU be the best college team in OR?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Portland State continues to dominate, not only beating WSU, but blowing out opponets since, except for a close one with North Dakota. And now that the nightmare season for the Ducks continues with tonights loss to average WSU, and OSU’s embarrassing loss to Arizona, a case can be made that Portland State is the best college team in Oregon.

Brianl
    Participant

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am STOKED.. A very happy atmosphere in the Coug section of Autzen this afternoon!!

paulwalker
    Participant

As well you should be. Congrats. Now run the table…oh wait…

paulwalker
    Participant

RELATED: USC has suspended coach Steve Sarkisian, forcing him to take a leave of absence. Apparently he showed up intoxicated at an event today. Wow! I hope he gets the treatment he needs.

This will not go over well with USC backers. The search is likely on for the NEXT USC coach. Chip Kelly, anyone?

Vitalogy
    Participant

Chip Kelly has 0.00% chance of being the coach at USC. Nothing more than bored sports “journalists” speculating wildly. He’s under contract, end of story.

Vitalogy
    Participant

And I will say this: Chip Kelly should have stayed at UO and built a legacy and a career. Instead, he’ll be in the NFL a few more years with no success and then his stock will be low and who knows where he’ll be.

Brianl
    Participant

Chip Kelly is into year 3 of a five-year show clause with the NCAA, meaning he cannot coach in college for two more years without a successful appeal. It will not be him at USC.

paulwalker
    Participant

But can’t all these things be negotiated? Isn’t everything negotiable? If USC wants Kelly bad enough they could easily pay for it, right? Or am I missing something?

Brianl
    Participant

Where there’s a will, there’s a way, but the negotiating would be with the NCAA, which USC has a (very legitimate) bone to pick with. In fact, I believe that USC is suing the NCAA over the heavy-handed handling of the Reggie Bush case, which led to extremely crippling sanctions.

duxrule
    Participant

First of all, congrats…That won’t be the last game that this Oregon team is going to lose. SC deserved everything that they got in Bushgate, except that once again, the head coach skates while the program suffers. Pete Carroll is a cheating bastard, and has been for years. Chip Kelly will not be going back to the college level, unless someone just hands over the keys to the bank and the whorehouse for that one special gig. IF Kelly fails in Philly (and that actually hasn’t happened yet), he’ll become an NFL OC, and then will work his way back.

paulwalker
    Participant

That didn’t take long… Sark officially fired as of this afternoon.

Brianl
    Participant

Coaching a game drunk is a deal breaker. He reportedly drank until he passed out on the flight home from Pullman after last year’s game too. Those who know him say they are not surprised at all, and he needed to hit bottom. I hope Sark gets the help he needs, and gets his life and health in order.

paulwalker
    Participant

So who is next for SC?

Like I mentioned earlier, if they really want Chip they could go after him, but yes, some serious contractual issues. However, they may be looking to replace the A.D. quicker than the Head Coach. So this is apparently “in progress”, meaning that they will play out the season before any major moves are made. What a hellish outcome for a USC program that was just getting on their feet again. While they have strong new recruits, this sets them back another 1-2 years, not even mentioning the potential transfers away. Wow.

Brianl
    Participant

The recruiting will take a bit of a hit, but USC is also a program that recruits itself. They can open the front doors and hit the recruiting jackpot right in their own front yard.

I would imagine that Pat Haden is the next guy to go – USC seems to like to have their own as ADs, and their non-revenue sports have been wildly successful, but the two revenue generators (football and men’s basketball) have had nothing but problems and issues. Haden and Mike Garrett (another USC football legend) have overseen that. IMHO, time to go outside the family.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.