Cornoavirus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

This could be a huge problem in the US.

The Trump administration shut down all the Obama era programs dealing with this kind of situation in 2018 and hasn’t replaced them with any kind of program of their own.

It’s a matter of when, not if, and Trump officials have already fumbled with inaccurate and false statements. We simply can’t trust this government to handle the possible on-coming situation. This could be severe in how we go about our daily lives.

This could be a bigger story than our election this year. I hope not…I’m not holding my breath.

paulwalker
    Participant

The POTUS is a proven and known liar. He will lie about anything to get re-elected including about a possible pandemic.

missing_kskd
    Participant

This is the thing. For Bush, it was Katrina.

I thought Trump abandoning Puerto Rico was the thing, but no. He needs at least a couple things, apparently.

Honestly, I am making plans. Last travel for a while. Have family in sparse populated areas. Supply chains to my current employment are impacted.

I may be scrapping soon. Have done it before, will do it again. Hate that shit.

Buckle up. This is measles grade contagious. Non trivial, will be recurring, no real vaccine for a full cycle, may just stay with us.

semoochie
    Participant

I understand that Trump’s only concern is the stock market and how this will affect his re-election. Maybe, the House will impeach him for “mass reckless endangerment of the American people”. That ought to get the Senate’s attention!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I’d be disappointed if you guys didn’t blame it all on Trump. I’d think you were slipping.

BTW, you failed to point out in your posts that every foreign government that’s been hit with it so far has fumbled it.

I didn’t watch all of the debate last night, did any of the candidates offer a solution? Surely Bernie must have the solution to the flu problem also. Oh, now I remember, he was tied up with his public relations campaign supporting Communist Fidel Castro.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

I’m not blaming Trump for the virus, I’m blaming him on his response and our administrations irresponsibility towards a serious matter.

When Obama had to deal with the Ebola breakout, he put a “Czar” type person in charge and created a way for our national healthcare system to have procedures in place. He did his best to get out in front of this. Trump and his cronies haven’t a clue what they are about to walk into and Trump closed down all those contingency plans of Obama’s because…well…they were Obama’s. This shortsightedness has the potential of some serious shit going down.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Exactly.

That it’s happening is not Trumps fault at all. His non-response is his fault.

And if Puerto Rico is any indication?

Look out.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I won’t defend any of Trumps tweeting reactions, but it was only his way of saying slow down and don’t panic like the media would like you to do. Perhaps the market listened, it’s up today.

He then asked for $2.5 Billion right away to set up the response to the flu. The Democrats, of course, say that’s not enough. Perhaps they’re right. I don’t know.

Than as a follow up he’s assembled a team of CDC experts to join him today on live TV at 6 pm E.T. We’ll just have to wait and see what that offers.

I believe, in his own way, he’s simply saying slow down, let’s go at this sensibly and with some expertise.

How would you Trump detractors go about this if you were POTUS. Stock market was plummeting. People are becoming concerned and wondering what’s going to happen, other countries are having trouble getting their arms around it etc., etc. Since you’re critical of anything Trump would do, share with us what you would do.

bookemdono
    Participant

trump’s response to the Coronavirus outbreak is certainly different to the way he thought Obama should have handled the Ebola outbreak in 2014. If he thought Obama was a “psycho” for not doing more at that time, why isn’t he advocating for more action now?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-called-obama-a-psycho-in-2014-over-ebola-outbreak-2020-2

Deane Johnson
    Participant

bookemdono, share with us which flights you think he should have cancelled. From which countries?

bookemdono
    Participant

Can’t you see the hypocrisy of his Obama tweet vs. the way he’s approaching the Coronavirus? Just another of his old criticisms of Obama, yet he ends up doing the same thing as his predecessor.

If he thought Obama was a psycho for not canceling flights over Ebola he should at least be advocating for a little caution in the US rather than a “we got it under control” attitude.

I just returned from Singapore and Thailand two weeks ago, right in the midst of the outbreak, and even though the incidences of CV were few but starting to increase, airports and hotels were conducting temperature checks, and it was very evident a cautious approach was prevalent over there. Yet, when we flew into Seattle from Singapore, there wasn’t a trace of pro-active checking of the passengers or a sense the travelers in the airport were concerned about it.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by bookemdono.
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

bookemdano – “Can’t you see the hypocrisy of his Obama tweet vs. the way he’s approaching the Coronavirus? Just another of his old criticisms of Obama, yet he ends up doing the same thing as his predecessor.”

I’ve posted before that I don’t care what Trump does. He has a style that works for him. I only care what the ultimate results and direction are. So far, so good.

bookemdano – “when we flew into Seattle from Singapore, there wasn’t a trace of pro-active checking of the passengers or a sense the travelers in the airport were concerned about it.”

I have 15 CDC confirmed cases of coronavirus within about 3 miles of my house. I’m not concerned at this time about those either. I’m assuming it will be taken care of as needed.

Think for a moment what chaos would result if the government showed panic. I’d much rather a methodical and carefully planned approach to what should be done was implemented. I am hopeful that the end result is that it is turned over to the CDC to manage, is well funded, and politics are left out of it.

So far as Trump being a hypocrite relative to the Ebola flights, etc., I just don’t care. Of all the things to be concerned about in this world, that one wouldn’t even make my list.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

bookemdano, I posted a response your questions, etc. and the software seems to have eaten it. I don’t have an appetite to take the time to create it a second time.

bookemdono
    Participant

Guess the system couldn’t handle you admitting that yes you could definitely see trump’s hypocritical Obama tweets. 🙂

Deane Johnson
    Participant

It was too powerful and too on target for this crowd. Dan must have deleted it to keep the peace.🙂

— 0 —
    {Not me deleting, but the G&# D@*$ Spam filter with this software going crazyyyyy! Post has been brought forth above, post #44493. –Dan Packard }

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Dan Packard. Reason: Side note from D.P. added
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.