"Corey & Mitch" New KINK Mornings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio "Corey & Mitch" New KINK Mornings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KINK/Portland Taps ‘Corey & Mitch’ For Wakeups

ALPHA MEDIA Triple A KINK/PORTLAND signs COREY FOLEY & MITCH ELLIOT for mornings. The duo will begin airing 5:30-10a on MAY 2nd.

“I am very excited to work with SCOTT again, as well as SEAN DEMERY and MITCH ELLIOT. It’s an amazing team and I’m truly blessed to be a part of it,” said COREY.

ELLIOT stated, “It only took me two and a half decades, but I have finally landed my dream gig at KINK! I look forward to working with the incredibly talented team to keep KINK the amazing radio station it has been for years!”

ALPHA MEDIA EVP/Programming SCOTT MAHALICK commented on the announcement, “We are elated to have found our soulmates to pair with PORTLAND’s iconic KINK brand for mornings. COREY and MITCH are two uniquely talented, entertaining hosts with huge passion for the music, NORTHWEST lifestyle and a love for the arts.”

“Not only are they very competent morning show hosts, COREY and MITCH are extremely fun to be around and will bring outstanding energy and charisma to KINK Mornings,” remarked PD SEAN DEMERY.

radiodork
    Spectator

Did Sheila Hamelton get the boot?

And what will happen now to 1051 the Buzz? They used to be a personality driven station. Their music is weak and i can’t imagine they rely on just their music carrying the station unless they make a format change? 90s rock station maybe? Or perhaps a real rock station that will destroy 1059 the brew?

semoochie
    Participant

In the latest ratings, The Buzz was #4 in total audience and third in sampling. Also Hot AC tends to sell better than its rating would indicate. They’re not going anywhere! My guess is that you find them weak because you aren’t a female in the demo.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KINK/Portland Finalizes New Lineup

It’s official! As ALL ACCESS first reported two weeks ago (NET NEWS 4/18), CORY & MITCH are now doing mornings (5-10a at ALPHA MEDIA Triple A KINK/PORTLAND. Now the station has announced additional on-air restructuring.

Station APD JARED AMAN will handle middays (10a-3p), newly named PD SEAN DEMERY will take over afternoons (3-7p), JEFF ALLEN will now be in nights (7p-12a). SHAUNA STEELE will be doing overnights (Mid-5a).

ALPHA MEDIA, PORTLAND Market Manager, LISA DECKER said, “We are proud to have the passion, creativity and unique talent of these outstanding personalities on 101.9 KINK. KINK has a rich heritage and deep community roots and with our new lineup it will enhance the KINK brand.”

fieldstrength
    Participant

The restructuring means that longtime KINK personality Steve Pringle has been let go. The Sunday Night Blues Room on KINK was not on the air this past Sunday, and I presume that it has aired it’s last broadcast on KINK with Steve’s forced departure. Also off KINK is Sheila Hamilton, but she is still at Alpha doing KXL afternoons. Cort Johnson is also off KINK, but I don’t know his status with Alpha.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Heard Cort Johnson doing the hourly local news on KXL last night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.