Cops knocks out female DUII suspect cold

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Cops knocks out female DUII suspect cold

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Excessive force? Me thinks so.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/04/23/video-shows-dwi-suspect-knocked-unconscious-during-arrest-by-round-rock-police/26257927/

The video shows Johnson and Keith talking, then he tries to force her to bend over onto the hood of his car during the arrest. When she resists, Johnson performs a take-down move, essentially throwing Keith onto the ground. She hit her head and was knocked unconscious.

The video goes on to show Keith’s 6-year-old daughter walk over to check on her mom as the officer rolls Keith onto her back and checks her pulse.

“When I look back at the tape, I can see her head bounce off the concrete because when he threw her down, she wasn’t able to brace herself,” said the man who recorded the video, who wanted to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation. “She was absolutely unconscious. There were a couple of other gentleman in the store with me and we were saying ‘is she breathing?’ Because at first we weren’t seeing her stomach rise and fall.”

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Although I am not trying to excuse the way in which this arrest was carried out, it does shock and sicken me the way that this woman carelessly endangered her daughter and others around her by driving drunk. According to the daughter, her mother had been intoxicated the whole day!

Deane Johnson
    Participant

The cops conduct was uncalled for and he should pay a price for it. I think the smartphone cameras are going to provide a great service in getting these rogue cops into alignment.

Having said that, I note that in every cop case that’s been posted here, and that I’ve seen on TV, the person being roughly treated, or worse, has been resisting arrest.

Vitalogy
    Participant

It didn’t look like she was resisting arrest to me. Even so, she’s an intoxicated female, the cop is a strong man. It shouldn’t be that difficult to arrest her without incident.

Regardless, cops are to protect and serve. The cops didn’t protect and serve in this case. There was no reason the cop had to throw her down like that, other than out of anger and lack of respect for others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.