Conservatives: ALWAYS on the wrong side of history:

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Conservatives: ALWAYS on the wrong side of history:

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  missing_kskd 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

If anyone is ignoring facts, it is conservatives. They try and rewrite history, but they are so vested in being on the wrong side of history, they will never be able to overcome the burden of proof that they are America’s biggest problem.

1) Conservatives opposed the American Revolution

Conservatives vehemently warned us that it was unnatural to rebel against our Sovereign Lord, King George III, and that doing so would plunge the colonies into disorder. They assured us, as the father of Conservatism, Edmund Burke echoed, that social stability would only come from the small group of wealthy aristocrats ruling over the poor majority. Conservatives reiterated that it was the duty of the poor to obey their “betters.” Their rewards, after all, will come in Heaven. – See more at: http://republicandirtytricks.com/conservatives-always-on-the-wrong-side-of-history/#sthash.sCtvUatm.dpuf

2) Conservatives opposed freeing the slaves

CONS, lacking the ability for complex thought, will whine that Lincoln, a Republican, freed the slaves. But as Southern historian Al Benson, Jr. wrote in his article, “The Republican Party, There are NO conservative roots there,”

“It is interesting to note that, in 1860, the Democrats were the real conservatives, while the Republicans were the left-leaning radicals.”

The Republican Party of the 1860’s, as evidenced by their platform, was a progressive party that rose in opposition to the entrenched power structure. It called for protective tariffs, Besides emancipating the slaves, Lincoln was in favor of progressive taxation. The Revenue Act of 1862 levied a 3% tax on people making between $600 and $10,000 a year, and a 5% for those making over $10,000.

3) Conservatives opposed women’s suffrage

Conservatives warned us that women just didn’t have the mind, much less the disposition, for politics. They would, of course, get all hysterical – and if they’re having their periods! Well, look out, men! As Limbaugh cautioned again, uppity women might put testicles in a lock box and upset the “natural” hierarchy.

Even today CONS (such as, Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, tea party activist, Fox News contributor, and founder of an organization where Sean Hannity serves as an advisory board member) lament that the worst thing that ever happened to America was that women were given the right to vote.

4) Conservatives opposed minimum wage and child labor laws, the 8-hour work day, weekends, sick leave… etc. –

Conservatives warned us that the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, which established a national minimum wage, guaranteed ‘time-and-a-half’ for overtime in certain jobs and banned child labor, was going to collapse the economy. But President Franklin Roosevelt countered at the time, “Do not let any calamity-howling executive with an income of $1,000 a day, …tell you…that a wage of $11 a week is going to have a disastrous effect on all American industry.” What a surprise! He was right and conservatives were wrong.

70 years later, CONS are still trying to undo the minimum wage and get those kids out of the classroom and back into the factories of Republican campaign contributors.

5) Conservatives opposed humane treatment of animals –

Since Conservatives are too stupid to know how to make a buck unless they can leave filth, pain and destruction in their wake, they consistently oppose any regulation that not only keeps our food supply free of the filth they love to spread, but treats the creatures giving their lives for human sustenance with a level of dignity and humanity.

As a matter of fact, CONS are such insipid fascists that, rather than address and rectify the abuses at factory farms, they are currently working to make it illegal for a whistleblowers to film the abuse. They have been successful in Iowa at this endeavor. After all, if a pig’s infected pustules are viciously sliced off sans painkillers, and no one is there to document the pig’s screams, did it ever really happen?

When John Boehner’s district in Ohio was experiencing an E. coli outbreak at the same time he was trying to gut more food industry regulations. The bottom line is, Republicans don’t care if their constituents get sick and die from the filth that Republican campaign contributors are feeding them. To Republicans, that means there’s one less person they have to disenfranchise out of voting.

6) Conservatives opposed the Social Security Act

The Social Security Act established a system that provided old-age pensions for workers, survivors benefits for victims of work-related accidents, aid for orphans and widows, benefits for the blind and physically disabled, and unemployment insurance. Conservatives were apoplectic about this. They warned freedom-lovers everywhere that America’s next stop would be a government concentration camp.

author Nancy J. Altman wrote in the LA Times,

“opponents claimed that Social Security would result in massive government control. A Republican congressman from New York, for example, charged: “The lash of the dictator will be felt, and 25 million free American citizens will for the first time submit themselves to a fingerprint test.”

Another New York congressman put it this way: “The bill opens the door and invites the entrance into the political field of a power so vast, so powerful as to threaten the integrity of our institutions and to pull the pillars of the temple down upon the heads of our descendants.” A Republican senator from Delaware claimed that Social Security would “end the progress of a great country and bring its people to the level of the average European.”

7) Conservatives oppose clean air and water

Once upon a time, conservatives, although still fear-based, greed-centered, and inherently racist, weren’t completely bat-shit, off-the-rails, crazy. There were some who even believed that the land and environment we shared should be protected, and shouldn’t be a utilized as a toilet for psychopathic corporations to evacuate their waste. In a nutshell… After the defeat of Barry Goldwater, conservatives began to follow Lewis Powell’s memo to the Chamber of Commerce – a plan that laid out step-by-step how CONS, and thus, corporations, would take over America.

Reagan was elected and began his assault on the New Deal. The American working class was transformed into the working poor.

8 ) Conservatives opposed the Civil Right’s Act

Here, again, conservatives use conflation and count on the stupidity of their followers not to understand that “Democrat” didn’t (and doesn’t) always mean “liberal” and “Republican” doesn’t always mean, “conservative.”

You see, much like the Republicans of the 1860’s were the progressives, the Southern Democrats of Johnson’s era were the CONSERVATIVES who opposed the Civil Right’s Act.

9) Conservatives opposed Medicare

Unless it is bombing unarmed civilians for 10,000 feet, putting someone to death or invading a women’s private medical decisions, conservatives have always hated anything to do with government. They tell their easily-led followers that this has to do with “freedom,” and “big government” interference with the “rugged individual” conservatives fantasize they are. It’s the nice story the “average Joe” CON likes to tell himself on the way to cash his Social Security check, but it isn’t true. The real reason the conservative leadership opposes government is because government is the only organization large enough to tell the rich to pay their fair share, or regulate an oligarch’s corporations into “playing nice with the plebs.” Hence, the conservative hatred of anything that government does to promote the General Welfare.

Conservatives opposed Medicare for the same reason they opposed Social Security. It cuts into the potential profit of the 1%.

10) Conservatives oppose Equal Protection Under the Law

There’s only one thing conservatives hate more than a black person with the right to vote – and that’s an openly gay person. Living in a free society takes a level of maturity conservatives simply don’t possess. They lack the intelligence to live up to the responsibilities of freedom – which includes ensuring that each citizen is afforded equal protection under the law – even if you don’t like them.

jerry1949
    Spectator

As a conservative, I desire justice and compassion for all, from the moment of conception until natural death.

I don’t agree that government intervention and programs are always viable means to achieve that end, however, though in some cases they would be.

What the libs often overlook, besides their blindness to their unjust attitude toward all human life, is that there is greed and injustice in their redistribution schemes, which sucks away the wealth from the true working class, which they say they champion.

Vitalogy
    Participant

“I desire justice and compassion for all, from the moment of conception until natural death.”

That’s a lie.

You have a documented history of celebrating and defending the killings of unarmed children.

jerry1949
    Spectator

If you weren’t politically correct, our resident “dodge list” expert would be all over you, but you’re off the hook because of his double standard.

Please document any “celebration” on my part regarding ANY death.

I have defended self defense and nothing more than that.

You must sense you’re on shaky ground if you need to resort to twisting the truth, as if Michael Brown was a “child.” This “child” was capable of killing an average sized man with his bare hands.

Vitalogy
    Participant

As much as a jerk and an egomaniac Andy Brown is, his point (which was copied and pasted) is spot on.

Conservatives have a proven history of being on the wrong side.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Please do not implicate me F&B. The list is there, use it and support what you say. Do that well, and you may find it’s all good. Fuck it up, and you know how that goes. All up to you.

Lacing your comments with an implied “baby killer” really isn’t going to get you very far. That is poor advocacy.

I’ve said I won’t debate it. I suggest others do the same. Honestly, I’m perfectly secure in my position there and feel no need to reconsider or discuss it at all.

Your other “libs” comments ignored. We’ve been there, done that, and as before, economic data does not support what you say.

I write “Stupid Party, who thinks you are stupid” for good reason. Maybe someday you will end up at the school of hard knocks and get some education up front, personal, and undeniable.

Perhaps a more meaningful discussion can happen then. Of course it’s much, much easier to just have a reasonable dialog, but to each their own.

It’s worth saying AGAIN, like anything ever written here actually sinks in, all of us work the dodge list. It’s there to encourage actually doing some work to bring new information to the table and give things some kind of material consideration.

Getting called on it should be a signal to do some work. But, it often gets used as a means to detract from the discussion at hand.

I personally don’t give Vitalogy any shit, and feel just fine disagreeing, because he’s been a perfectly fine, blunt, rational, and unambiguous discussion partner over the years, and he does bring facts to the table to back his advocacy and commentary here.

Andy very consistently rubs your face in your own garbage, and on most days, it’s highly entertaining!

Seems like one would get tired of that, but who knows? Maybe it’s like a spanking thing, where it hurts, but you get a stiffy? No. Don’t tell. No need for anybody to know, k?

I personally contribute solid information here that very regularly backs my commentary, and I also present information here that contradicts my commentary. I like good discussion, and seek that end.

The topic is how frequently Conservative policy visions are on the wrong side of history, not “those other people”, or “both sides”, or “fuck your sister please”, or any other bullshit thing. I forgot, “but the liberals” but you won’t. That’s for sure.

The left has it’s problems, but the left has gotten good things done that matter a lot to ordinary people and the Right has spent the majority of their time during this Presidency rubbing shit in their hair while crying hard over the stench of it all.

So we can talk about how ugly, stupid, useless, hateful, it all is, or…

Bring those fact based, data driven, positive policy vision statements and back them up with some meaningful legislation that will improve the lives of ordinary people.

That is all that matters.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“As much as a jerk and an egomaniac Andy Brown is”

Quoting Vitalogy in a similar previous exchange, “pot, meet kettle.”

I do admit though I could not ever nor would I want to be as arrogant and pompous as you.

As far as copy and pasting the support for my opening paragraph (which was not copied), the article was heavily edited by myself for brevity and consumption by losers like Herb who have short attention spans and don’t click on links unless they are from Faux news. I’ll play this game my way and you, Vitalogy, can play it your way. Everyone here knows you consider yourself a legend in your own mind.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Please do not implicate me F&B. The list is there, use it and support what you say. Do that well, and you may find it’s all good. Fuck it up, and you know how that goes. All up to you.

Fair enough. I realize now you just intended to make a list but not to enforce it. The OP makes me think of a new “dodge” or fallacy: “Throw enough shit against the wall and hope something sticks.” This latest lengthy copy and paste job is nothing more than attacks and opinions. As usual there are too many things to refute. It’s a very cheap and shoddy way to post and doesn’t lead to any meaningful discussion. Ive seen similar for many topics such as “1,000 reasons why Christianity is false”. And like tho op, it’s a series of shallow accusations based loosely on fact and often are outright lies or opinions stated as facts. Where does one begin to refute that? I’m not going to try. Lazy posts don’t deserve a response that takes much work. BTW, I don’t eat mammals because of my compassion for animals which the trashy article says conservatives don’t have. Excuse me now while I go get a drink of dirty water.

Lacing your comments with an implied “baby killer” really isn’t going to get you very far. That is poor advocacy.

I’ve said I won’t debate it. I suggest others do the same. Honestly, I’m perfectly secure in my position there and feel no need to reconsider or discuss it at all.

I did no such thing. I stated my core conservative position. I’m proud of it. Justice for all from conception until natural death. That was not an invitation to debate anything. I merely included a glaring omission of the OP.

I personally don’t give Vitalogy any shit, and feel just fine disagreeing, because he’s been a perfectly fine, blunt, rational, and unambiguous discussion partner over the years, and he does bring facts to the table to back his advocacy and commentary here.

He doesn’t have a real discussion. He’s more of a troll than a contributor. He won’t acknowledge or address anything disputed.

Andy very consistently rubs your face in your own garbage, and on most days, it’s highly entertaining!

Seems like one would get tired of that, but who knows? Maybe it’s like a spanking thing, where it hurts, but you get a stiffy? No. Don’t tell. No need for anybody to know, k?

He’s a master of the personal attack. I’m not surprised you find that admirable, even considering that it goes against your list. It’s not genuine discussion. Just doing what third graders know what not to do, and what can be gotten away with here, but not on regulated boards.

Regarding your weird final comments, the answer is “no,” but if that ever changes, I promise you’ll be the first to know.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Look, I don’t give a fuck about you, nor the bull shit you pitch here.

It’s not my fault you have no balls. Do not expect me to carry your water for you.

As for the dodge list, it was put here for reasons given, and it’s been good entertainment from time to time. I put my own name on it in that spirit of, “look at us and the stuff we do?”

Honestly, the vibe here has changed since that time. So it’s there, but the dynamic really isn’t. That’s too bad.

And I’m not going to validate your whining. Grow a pair. Jesus.

Andy Brown
    Participant

F&B: “This latest lengthy copy and paste job is nothing more than attacks and opinions. As usual there are too many things to refute.”

That’s a lame attempt to wholesale discredit a well researched and accurate extraction from American history, and would be hard for you to “refute” since the facts contained therein can be found in many reliable books about each subject.

It won’t interest you to know that I spent some time researching each of the topics to make sure the claims were credible. You’re a sad sack to think that a cut and paste summary edit is invalid. Fact is, you are unable to write a convincing presentation of any subject because you are so blinded by your convictions that no matter who writes an article or essay that reveals the conservative ethic as the root of so many of America’s problems, you run away like a small child (third grader in your case would be generous, more like a two year old screaming no! no! no! with hands over the ears, or eyes in this case) in tantrum mode. Missing is correct, you could not in the past and can not now hold a discussion about anything where your minority opinion is held up to the magnifying glass and found to be full of holes, full of lies and full of distortions. You also need to understand that the recent election doesn’t prove anything about what the moral fiber of the American public is, what their opinions are, or just about anything for that matter because only a small percentage of voters were involved and an even smaller percentage of adult Americans.

“Master of the personal attack”

Grow up and realize that statement only reinforces your own inabilities to hold a discussion with those that not only have opposite opinions but also do better research, have better communications skills and understand how to separate the point being made from their complete personal opinion that may or may not fully support the point. You’re all in with your doctrine and have little in the way of coping with change. After all, that’s the meaning of conservative. The point remains, however, that being so against change is what is in direct opposition to the greater good. You cling to established rhetoric even when it has been fully discredited by the overwhelming majority of (science, technology, modern religious leaders – – take your pick).

Your aren’t being personally attacked, Vern, it is all that incredible stinking bullshit you sling that is being attacked. Get used to it. It’s not going to change and your constant whining about being personally persecuted is nothing more than a boring drumbeat.

My statement about the Ferguson verdict should have made that clear. There are terrible race problems in America but the instant case down there is not a great representation of the problems. The case with the young kid in Cleveland with the toy gun would be better. Michael Brown was not an innocent victim, and he sealed his own fate that day. That doesn’t however make the problems that caused his death any less present in police departments all over the U.S. However the real root of the problem lies in the conservative mindset which is full of racial hate, long time dis-proven white superiority, arrogance to people that look like immigrants no matter their place of birth, short sighted perception of what poverty is and a total disregard for the very freedoms and rights that conservatives talk about every day. Conservative thought (and in the present times that moniker is held by Republicans) is truly evil and needs to be exposed as the lies that it speaks and the ugliness that it represents.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Vern says, “This latest lengthy copy and paste job is nothing more than attacks and opinions.”

and…

“As usual there are too many things to refute.”

I submit you just can’t refute them, which is why you are whining.

We went though this with “Bush Sucks” and nearly every time somebody was completely indignant about it, yet seemingly unable to find those stories about how awesome Bush was.

Want to know the origin of that Dodge List? Now you know.

I started watching all the things people would do in response to “Bush Sucks”, and it was kind of amazing! Similar things happened when basic statements, like “Saddam didn’t cause 9/11” were put out there. Hell, there still are way too many dullards and clowns who believe that one. Equally amazing! (is there any wonder about “stupid party?” Really?)

If you are going to make that kind of claim, “opinion and attacks…”, then know it’s as easy to find material for rebuttal as it is obvious the material you got bent over is “obviously wrong.”

See how that works Ace?

Good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.