Conservative Representative: “I Would Support Any Democrat Over Trump

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Conservative Representative: “I Would Support Any Democrat Over Trump

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Andy-
    Want to talk about the facts, Deane, or not?

Actually Andy, with all due respect, No. That’s because I don’t care what he does. Nothing to discuss. It is what it is.

If you think electing one of these radical liberals who wants to give everyone free stuff is a solution, that’ll be an interesting result to watch.

radiogeek
    Participant

“That’s because I don’t care what he does.”

Deane, that’s it in a nutshell. Trump isn’t the problem, YOU are the problem.

Folks like you, emboldened by the supreme asshole McConnell are destroying what made America great.

You’re so short sighted and shallow that you’d be happy to blow it all up without the capacity or capital in place to rebuild. I’m sorry, but this is MY COUNTRY you’re fucking up.

You’re no conservative. You’re a radical asshole. At least there are some conservatives left who are willing to publicly aknowledge there is a problem today and Trump isn’t the answer.

Ed

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by radiogeek.
    civil_discourse
    Spectator

When I signed up for this board I agreed to engage in “civil discourse” here.

Is calling someone an “asshole” civil discourse, radiogeek? Or are you for some reason exempt and have special privileges to be abusive?

Andy Brown
    Participant

You’d think anyone that has signed up for as many handles as you have would understand that coarse language is part of the experience. Also, you clearly miss the point that your misrepresentations of reality, constant haranguing of documented facts and general disregard for common logic is behavior that is not considered “civil.”

If you desire a forum where chivalry and politeness is the standard, leave before you’r inevitable dismissal.

drumpf (and rush, and Moscow mitch, and Barr) have earned being the target of all the barbs, insults and degrading commentary they receive. Get it straight, Vern, the current administration has gone over the line. They are fucking criminals damaging not only the reputation of America overseas but also have spent three years fomenting racism and violence domestically. They will all get what they deserve because God (and I know you believe in and FEAR God’s wrath) gets the last word. drumpf is an evil scumbag and those that still support his agenda and his administration of goons and lepers will get caught in the flood.

radiogeek
    Participant

If Dan the man sends me a note, I’ll change the word. If my behavior on this forum has offended enough users, then he can tell me and you all can tell me here now.

These are serious and dangerous times. Sometimes the only polite thing a person can do is be blunt.

Immediately after the “election” I participated in a protest in downtown, led by faith leaders. We were the “other protest” from the one that started next to us at Pioneer Courthouse Square, and then proceeded to yell “Fuck Trump” and then wandered around downtown.

I now see I was in the wrong protest. I now have a T shirt I wear around town now and then. It says

TUCK
    FRUMP

I now wish it wasn’t misspelled, as the situation isn’t cute anymore.

Again, Dan can send me a message, and you all can weigh in. I’m a law and order guy, and Trump has to go. Period.

Ed

Andy Brown
    Participant

Ed, don’t let the scumbag known as F&B rattle you. Dan is quite familiar with this guy’s m.o. He’ll never type out expletive language but is more than willing to post pictures of bloody dead fetuses. In fact, he has a long history of crossing the lines of “civil” behavior and right now is just playing possum in hopes Dan has forgotten the huge amount of evidence Dan himself has seen coming from the keyboard of this decrepit mentally diseased individual. Dan believes he is a Russian operative and apparently has sufficient info to come to that conclusion.

It will take a few days for Dan to get around to dumping his pathetic ass out of here since he’s a busy guy and doesn’t ride shotgun on the board since he knows that we’ll let him know. And since F&B has insulted Dan’s leadership AND authority of the forum many times, it’s unlikely he will admonish anyone for attacking him verbally. I’d be surprised if he did in any event. What we have learned about F&B over the years is that he wants it his way. He’s not ever admitted any wrong doing and you just can’t get thrown off of this forum 15 times (I’ve lost count) because of any reason other than unacceptable behavior. F&B doesn’t get to decide what is unacceptable, either, and that’s one his main gripes. He wants to be able to post inaccurate information and what’s worse, he will hijack lots of threads and turn them into a vehicle for his agenda against abortion. He somehow thinks that these are not misbehavior, that only those that call him an ignorant asshole are the ones misbehaving.

radiogeek
    Participant

Andy,

Not rattled. I’ve seen and endured far worse. Thanks, but I can fight my own battles (if there is one). My previous post stands as is.

Ed

Andy Brown
    Participant

Deane: “If you think electing one of these radical liberals who wants to give everyone free stuff is a solution, that’ll be an interesting result to watch.”

Nowhere have I stated such or supported that notion. Don’t confuse me with Doug (missing). I am well aware of reality. As I have told missing, even if Bernie could beat drumpf, he won’t have 60 votes in The Senate and close to none of his agenda has bipartisan support. Did you notice this morning how drumpf lost the support of a handful of Republican Senators and they did pass the War Powers Resolution to try and put some kind of muzzle on the drumpfster. He’ll veto the bill no doubt, but it does send an important message. I don’t think drumpf realizes how fine a line he walks with many (about half) of the GOP Senators. They are happy with power so they let him off on the impeachment articles, but 1)drumpf will not get the message about his behavior being dangerous to the country and to his relationship with his party and 2) drumpf will not change and no doubt will, IMO, in the end be responsible for his own undoing. Yes, it will be interesting to watch the Dems go through a painful primary situation but in the end, there are really only three driving factors in the upcoming general:

1. The economy. People may support drumpf today, but recession looms large, mainly due to a. statistics of recession occurrence and b. drumpf’s tariffs and trade wars.

2. drumpf himself. You don’t care about his less than savory (putting it mildly) behavior towards opponents, women, the poor, the infirmed, the military, long time government employees . . . just about everybody but the fact remains that there will be many votes cast for whomever the Democrats put up that are just against drumpf. Presidential second term general elections are always a referendum on the incumbent and drumpf hasn’t made any new friends since he cheated his way into the first term.

3. The nature of electoral victories without plurality of votes. My guess is that there are far more voters in key states that voted for drumpf in ’16 that will vote against him this time around. I have strong connections in Eastern Pennsylvania and they (the counties around the Lehigh and Saucon valley areas) are disgusted with him in more ways than even I imagined. Contractors hate him. People in manufacturing hate him. Most all my conservative friends that were on board for shaking up Washington last time are not misled by drumpf’s rhetoric about trickle down. All the other key states are polling anti drumpf except Wisconsin. Probably because cheese hasn’t been tariffed.

Deane: earlier in the thread “I don’t agree with his views on environment or global warming”

Deane in response to 7 facts about drumpf’s policies including #7: “7. He promised to “drain the swamp” of Washington lobbyists. Instead, he’s put them in charge of health, safety, and environmental protections—which has endangered most Americans while increasing corporate profits even further.”

Deane’s response: “I don’t care what he does. Nothing to discuss.”

So are you or are you not on board with the GOP scorch the earth policy as long as it feeds the coal and oil industry approach?

Supporting fossil fuels and throttling back modern energy solutions is not defendable. It hasn’t restored lost jobs but it has lined the pockets of the big oil companies. But overall drumpf brags about creating jobs and that just hasn’t happened. During Trump’s first 36 months in office, the US economy has gained 6.6 million jobs. But during a comparable 36-month period at the end of Obama’s tenure, employers added 8.1 million jobs, or 23% more than what has been added since Trump took office. The average monthly gain so far under Trump is 182,000 jobs. During the last 36 months under Obama, employers were adding an average of 224,000 jobs a month.

drumpf is an economic failure by any measure. Your hard work to achieve your fortune is just as much at risk under drumpf as it might be under Sanders.

But Sanders isn’t going to win. The moderates will prevail in the Democratic nomination. It will be a long slog getting to that point and the media wants to oversimplify every daily blurb about who picked their nose on camera. Major network news is pathetic. Faux is pathetic, they aren’t even news anymore. As I always do since my mentor taught me decades ago, collect information from as many different sources as you can and I still do that. Right now there are too many uncertainties to make predictions but if the economy begins to break, drumpf will lash out at the Fed and disavow that his International relations and policy expertise is nonexistent but in the end, it will chase even more voters away from him.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Andy Brown.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Andy Brown.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.