Conservative Representative: “I Would Support Any Democrat Over Trump

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Conservative Representative: “I Would Support Any Democrat Over Trump

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

“Donald Trump is unfit, period, to be president. I believe he is the single greatest threat our country has right now. I think he is everything our Founding Fathers feared. So I haven’t changed on that. When people asked me when I first got in that if I can’t win the nomination will I support a Democrat? And my answer early was always, “Well I’ll never vote for Donald Trump but I don’t know about a Democrat.” Over the course of the last four to five months it became clear to me that Trump is such a unique threat and the Republican Party is now his party and it is like a cult and it’s really, really important – it’s vital that he loses. And the only way he’s going to lose is to put a Democrat in the White House, so yeah, I would support any Democrat over him.”

I think this is indicative that no matter how much Faux news supports his reelection, it’s going to fail. Walsh is a hard core righty. At first he was hesitant to support a Democrat in the case of his primary challenge failing, but he’s now all on board for any Democrat, even Bernie.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/10/joe-walsh-i-would-support-any-democrat-over-trump

Deane Johnson
    Participant

One of the great things about the internet is that if you look long enough and hard enough, sooner or later you can find some moron who supports your viewpoint.

semoochie
    Participant

Do you have any idea who you’re standing up for? It is a matter of public record that decades ago, Donald Trump, his parents and siblings overvalued certain properties for bank loan purposes and undervalued the same properties for tax purposes, over and over and over again, to the tune of millions of dollars that were basically stolen from the US Treasury! By the time, they found out, it was beyond the statute of limitations but the Bar Assn. was about to disbar his sister, a sitting judge, when she retired instead, so they dropped the case. According to multiple business associates, this is a practice that he continues to this day! This is just one example. There are many others.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Semoochie, I suspect all of those things you mention are true, and even more. Basically, I don’t care. The more he stirs up the political mess in D.C., the more I like it. We’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg.

I don’t care that he’s a liar, stretches the truth, pushes the tax code to it’s maximum, insults whom he pleases, whatever he does in that regard. It’s time the political establishment got shaken up good.

At the same time, I don’t agree with everything he believes in any more than I do any other politician. I don’t agree with his views on environment or global warming as examples.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Assholes like assholes.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Vitalogy, why am I not surprised you’re an authority on that fact.

Andrew
    Participant

Deane, will you be as happy when the next Democratic president is able to get away with all of the things Trump has gotten away with? Ignoring Congressional investigations completely? Extorting a foreign government to smear his political opponents? Obstructing investigations into him? Raiding military funds to pay for pet projects that Congress never approved?

Maybe President Sanders will find a loophole to raise a bunch of taxes on the rich without Congressional approval – and if Congress complains, what are they going to do about it? Impeach him? Not anymore.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Actually Andrew, I would be in favor of the President, no matter which party, having more power. I think the world is getting too big for our country to be run by “committee”. I don’t believe our forefathers every intended for Congress to be acting the way it is politically. Checks and Balances have gone out the window, now it’s win elections at any cost. I don’t exclude the GOP from that shortcoming either.

Congress, particularly the House has slowly lost sight of what they’re supposed to be doing and turned the whole thing into a political circus. They’ve destroyed the impeachment process, beginning with the Clinton impeachment by the GOP.

I’m simply fed up with the entire D.C. process. Give me a president who can kick some ass and get things done. I don’t care about the side issues it might create. That’s why I like Trump. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

I’m not indicating a dictatorship by any means. Our system used to function just fine the way it was. The only way we’re going to get it back is for someone to become the meanest sonofabitch in the valley (as they say).

So far, in this current election period, all I’m seeing from the opposition is who can promise the most free stuff. All I’ve seen from the GOP is favoring the rich. I’m not for that either. I want a level playing field. Anybody know another candidate who could do those things these days?

By the way Andrew, forget Sanders. He is not going to be the next president. The Democrats actually have one or two good people, though I don’t agree with their liberal views. Klobuchar is good and well respected by both Dems and the GOP except for her liberal background, Gabbard is very sensible, Buttigieg is seemingly a pretty good guy, but too short on experience at this time. But, the Democrats have trouble focusing on a candidate who doesn’t promise all kinds of free stuff and everyone just do as they like with no order in the structure of society.

Andrew
    Participant

Deane, here’s some more “shake-up” today from Trump – those of us not worshiping him call it “corruption.”

Imagine when a future Democratic president’s crony is convicted of a crime and the president is able to bully the Justice Department into reducing his sentence – and we’ll say, “Yeah – keep shaking up Wasington!!!.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/doj-backpedalling-sentencing-recommendation-trump-ally-roger-stone-n1134961

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I believe the trigger in the Stone situation was the extreme nature of the punishment request, well over the recommended guidelines. It’s all part of the get Trump syndrome, not about justice. The Dems are desperate to do something to Trump, anything, just win something they hate this guy so much.

The recommendation was far too stiff, I think he should have some form of appropriate penalty.

BTW, the President posting that he thought the penalty was too excessive is hardly a “corrupt” occurrence.

Andrew
    Participant

Deane: “I believe the trigger in the Stone situation was the extreme nature of the punishment request, well over the recommended guidelines. It’s all part of the get Trump syndrome, not about justice. The Dems are desperate to do something to Trump, anything, just win something they hate this guy so much.”

The “Dems” are not in control of the Justice Department. These are Republican-appointed prosecutors who resigned today, professionals, not members of the Democratic party.

“The recommendation was far too stiff, I think he should have some form of appropriate penalty.”

Federal prosecutors don’t like being lied to.

“BTW, the President posting that he thought the penalty was too excessive is hardly a “corrupt” occurrence.”

It is completely improper for the President of the United States to be weighing in on the sentencing of felons before they are sentenced, ESPECIALLY in a case that involves a close associate of his! Again, assume that in the future, Democratic presidents will feel free to apply similar pressure if they can benefit themselves. For the next twenty years, every time Republicans criticize the next Democratic president, for just about anything, the refrain is going to be, “Trump did it – and you said it was OK.”

Deane Johnson
    Participant

A couple of things that ought to be clarified.

It was the prosecutors who were going overboard to try and get the judge to cook Stone until he was well done, not the Justice Department.

The Justice Department put the brakes on them to ease up before Trump made his commentary in the post.

The prosecutors don’t get to pass sentence, the Judge does. They only get to make a recommendation.

I would guess the lawyers who resigned are liberals who wanted to do all the dirt to anything Trump they could. There was apparently so little substance to support their excessive recommendation that they gave up and ran for the woods.

Ever notice how liberals want it all their way in these things. Any wonder there’s no spirit of compromise these days in Congress.

BTW, I hardly think that when the President appoints an AG, the lawyers and staff are changed to the same party. There’s no reason to think the lawyers were necessarily GOP.

Andrew
    Participant

Deane: “I would guess the lawyers who resigned are liberals who wanted to do all the dirt to anything Trump they could.”

You can guess whatever fits your personal narrative, but your guess is not based on any evidence at all.

“BTW, I hardly think that when the President appoints an AG, the lawyers and staff are changed to the same party. There’s no reason to think the lawyers were necessarily GOP.”

But you assume they are liberals?

semoochie
    Participant

The United States Senate just gave Trump the absolute right to kill every single person in this country! I hope he doesn’t realize it because the only way he can stay out of prison is to remain in office and the only way he can do that is by declaring himself the supreme ruler! This would require stopping anyone who is in a position to prevent it. He can accomplish that by hiring a “goon squad”, at taxpayer expense and sending them off first, to kill everyone with a registered gun! (This would surely anger the base but it would take awhile for people to realize what was happening.) Then, it would be on to the House and Senate and finally, everyone who disagrees with him or for good measure, all the democrats! After that, he would declare himself to be the supreme leader and probably as a cost cutting measure, get rid of all social programs. He would do this because he has continually shown that he doesn’t care about anyone but himself and the rest of us are just in the way of him becoming as rich and powerful as possible. Remember this is the same man who accused the Clintons of murdering Jeffrey Epstein! When was the last time that a sitting US President accused another US President of murdering a child sex trafficker? Feel free to dream up your own possibilities but none of this can be good, now that the US Senate has created a monster!

edselehr
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump goes to Russia after he loses in November, builds Trump Tower Moscow, and stays there the rest of his life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.